OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Nominate and vote for your favourite games in a tournament-style competition. Join the debate, discuss what games mean to you, and discover hidden gems to broaden your horizons.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:An expansion pack for a 2008 release just took GotY. Fucking shameful.
Weird, mine is a stand-alone game. It's good, too. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:An expansion pack for a 2008 release just took GotY. Fucking shameful.
That's because you didn't own the base game. It's an expansion pack. A handful of new characters and a balance patch won GotY.

Fucking shameful.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

VictorViper wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
That's because you didn't own the base game. It's an expansion pack. A handful of new characters and a balance patch won GotY.

Fucking shameful.
I'd say it speaks volumes what poor showings the industry had these last few years.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:I'd say it speaks volumes what poor showings the industry had these last few years.
I don't know if I'd go that far. Many of the other games in that bracket were excellent. Many of the games that didn't even make it to the finals were excellent. Heck, you just posted in a couple threads about abstaining due to not playing any/many of the games. If anything, I'd say the result speaks volumes about the fact that people aren't playing a large number of the excellent games that are getting released these last few years.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

VictorViper wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:

Fucking shameful.
Well, I mean, this serves as a pretty good illustration of why Capcom keeps doing it.

Rob
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I want to be clear here: SFIV is a phenomenal game, and the current best fighter ever made. But they released two updates to the game, and this is one of them. My issue is that a 6-year old game managed to win our GotY. I'd be griping about this here if Guacamelee managed to win, too.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

Kong Wen wrote:
Turai wrote:I'd say it speaks volumes what poor showings the industry had these last few years.
I don't know if I'd go that far. Many of the other games in that bracket were excellent. Many of the games that didn't even make it to the finals were excellent. Heck, you just posted in a couple threads about abstaining due to not playing any/many of the games. If anything, I'd say the result speaks volumes about the fact that people aren't playing a large number of the excellent games that are getting released these last few years.
I'd say it speaks volumes about the lack of games to interest me the slightest:p
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

You guys just gotta play a greater variety of video games.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

VictorViper wrote:I want to be clear here: SFIV is a phenomenal game, and the current best fighter ever made. But they released two updates to the game, and this is one of them. My issue is that a 6-year old game managed to win our GotY. I'd be griping about this here if Guacamelee managed to win, too.
I'll share some of the blame for that as I think it was my vote that caused it to win. Out of the options presented, and with two votes available combined with the fact that I could view the votes selected to date, I blatantly pushed it into the lead knowing full well I was voting for repackaged dlc. Guac was another repackage, I didn't think much of Shovelknight, and haven't played Mario Kart 8.. My reasoning? Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. In this community, between what would have been the tie-breaking games, I can't honestly believe that it would get much more support than it has. A quick death was chosen.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

Spore wrote:You guys just gotta play a greater variety of video games.
Any suggestions?