Watching any good TV?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Watching any good TV?

Post by Kong Wen »

I just watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. It was pretty good, especially if you like chess (though it wasn't all about chess).

We just started watching season 2 of The Mandalorian on High Seas TV.

Other than that, we really enjoyed the Challenger documentary/mini-series on Netflix. It was a very comprehensive and respectful look at the whole event and tragedy. Definitely strongly recommended for any space fans.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Been watching The Boys on Amazon. I'm really loving the show. One episode of season 2 left.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So The Boys was great. Probably the most I've been into a show since the early seasons of Game of Thrones.

I watched The Queen's Gambit over a few days. I was really enamored with that show, great stuff.

I also watched Big Mouth season 4(?) at some point. Continues to be a hilarious show about the pains of puberty and social pressures.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

3 episodes in For All Mankind on Apple TV+
Russians keep beating the americans in space .. first man in space, first man on the moon, first woman on the moon .. Nixon wants to beat the russians in something and NASA can't keep up. Quite amusing.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Tonight, I watched the first two episodes of Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+ and it's pretty good and weird. It's kind of like an existential mystery vintage sitcom. Like the vintage sitcom is the aesthetic, but to stick to that it actually needs to be a good (decent) vintage sitcom, and then the other stuff bleeds through a little bit in each episode. Looking forward to where it goes when it picks up steam a little bit.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Tonight, I finished re-watching The Witcher (season 1) on Netflix with Mrs. Kong. It was her first time, and I forget what sparked her interest in it. I think I was starting casually to re-watch it while she was doing other work in the background and she caught enough of it that she wanted to give it her attention. Anyway, it holds up for sure. I liked re-watching it knowing how the timelines intersect because I was able to pick out a few nice details. Looking forward to season 2, if they manage to get it out in 2021!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 16 Jan 2021 17:30 3 episodes in For All Mankind on Apple TV+
Russians keep beating the americans in space .. first man in space, first man on the moon, first woman on the moon .. Nixon wants to beat the russians in something and NASA can't keep up. Quite amusing.
Finished watching season 1 last week, just in time for the start of season 2. Great 'alternate reality' show.

Still waiting for Foundation and maybe a new season for See.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 15 Feb 2021 06:38 Tonight, I finished re-watching The Witcher (season 1) on Netflix with Mrs. Kong. It was her first time, and I forget what sparked her interest in it. I think I was starting casually to re-watch it while she was doing other work in the background and she caught enough of it that she wanted to give it her attention. Anyway, it holds up for sure. I liked re-watching it knowing how the timelines intersect because I was able to pick out a few nice details. Looking forward to season 2, if they manage to get it out in 2021!
Tonight, I finished watching WandaVision. It was quite nice. It's very clear that they're using this show to crowbar open the next "Phase" of the MCU—there are lots of dangling little threads that are going to have to have ripple effects in other upcoming movies and shows. I'm looking forward to Dr. Strange 2.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I saved up a few episodes before starting The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Finally got around to watching the first episode tonight. Verdict so far: I like Bucky as a character, maybe more in this one episode than I did in all his previous film appearances. So, pretty good job on that front. I can't bring myself to care about Sam's family drama yet though. Onwards.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

There's a second season announced for Mythic Quest through a special episode. Looking forward to this new season.

Federation is set to late 2021 .. hope that will be before the free years end.
Grt. Merlin