Watching any good TV?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Watching any good TV?

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah I'd just continue on with Batwoman. I think the other series are probably a lot to bite off at this point (many of them being multiple seasons deep), but maybe they'll intrigue you enough to try to watch them later :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Over the past two days, I started and finished season 2 of Russian Doll on Netflix. It was a bit different than season 1—different slant/gimmick/whatever you want to call it—different plot, I guess, is the best way to say it——but it wasn't disappointing, so that's good.

Moving on to Our Flag Means Death next, which I don't know anything about other than my boys Taika Waititi and Rhys Darby are in it. I think it's on HBO Max? But I'm watching it on Seven Seas TV.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kong Wen wrote: 23 Apr 2022 03:30 Moving on to Our Flag Means Death next, which I don't know anything about other than my boys Taika Waititi and Rhys Darby are in it. I think it's on HBO Max?
It is. Just looked it up and added it to my list.

That list currently contains the following series:
  • Batwoman (currently watching)
  • Todd McFarlane's Spawn
  • Watchmen
  • Game of Thrones
  • Westworld
  • Our Flag Means Death (just added)
Will add more series at some point, but first 5 I added at a first glance of available content when I started my HBO Max subscription.
Still got some content on Apple TV+ to watch too and I'm not bench watching, so it'll take some time to finish these series.

Got some movies on that list as well that I'll watch at some point, but that's for another thread.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 23 Apr 2022 03:30 Moving on to Our Flag Means Death next, which I don't know anything about other than my boys Taika Waititi and Rhys Darby are in it. I think it's on HBO Max? But I'm watching it on Seven Seas TV.
Finished this up last night. Very nice little series! After the first episode I was afraid it was just going to be a gag-of-the-week kind of show, but they ended up infusing it with a lot of character and some nice little touches that made it stand out. I really hope it gets a second season.

We're also one episode away from the mid-season break of Better Call Saul season 6 (the final season) and things are ramping up in intensity!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just finished The Way Down on HBO. Super interesting. I love watching documentaries about cults and the like. Wild West Country on Netflix was super interesting too. Always looking for recommendations.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Season 3 of For All Mankind started a while ago .. this season is about Mars.
It's good so far.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I don't think I will continue watching Batwoman for a long while .. I might as well start with Spawn or Kunf Fu
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Started watching GoT on HBO Max in august and finished yesterday. Good show, but won't start watchin the prequel for a while.

For now I'm back to watching See on Apple TV+ where season 3 started.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

3rd season of See on Apple TV+ seems finished and could have a sequel although without one important main character. But I don't expect a sequel to be honest. Great series.

Started watching a series on HBO Max that was recommended in chat: Our Flag Means Death. The pirate battle scenes have been quite impressive so far with all those special effects.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

After finishing AFMD I've watched Tod McFarlane's Spawn on HBO Max. This Spawn was a nice series to watch.
And now I've started watching Avenue 5 (also on HBO Max), an entertaining show so far.

Just found out season 3 of Mythic Quest was available on Apple TV+ so I've watch the first episode.
Looking forward to th rest of this season.
Grt. Merlin