Watching any good TV?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Watching any good TV?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Started watching Naomi on (HBO) Max. Something with a multiverse and Superman.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Finished Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix, the latest show from Mike Flanagan (Hill House, Bly House, Midnight Mass), a loose adaptation of the works of Poe mashed together. It was entertaining, but, in typical Flanagan fashion, a bit wordy, especially towards the end as it figured it had to start wrapping up with some expository moralizing.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

For All Mankind S4 started last week on Apple TV. The opening episode was promising.

Already finished Naomi S1 on HBO Max and Peacemaker S1. Don't know if there will be new seasons though.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kong Wen wrote: 13 Oct 2023 22:05 There's a show about the big boi coming to Apple TV:
This is already available and I started watching it. Looks good.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Didn't post it here before I think, but I've been watching "His Dark Materials" on (HBO) Max for a while now.
It practically is The Golden Compass, but much better.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

After finishing HDM on (HBO) Max I started watching a Chinese drama series (30 ep.) "Scent of Time".
Because I had to read the subtitles to understand what was being said I paid more attention to the episodes and got hooked.

Now I have to start another series .. got some in my to watch list on HBO Max, but first have to watch some new episodes on Apple TV+
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Guess the first season of Monarch and the 4th season of For All Mankind on Apple TV+ have ended as there were nog new episodes this week.

Watched Severance in between and finished it 2 days ago. Strange show about keeping work and private memories apart. Enjoyed it enough to keep watching it until the end.

Now started on Silo about people living in a gicantic silo shaped 'builing' because of a hazardous outside world. Just one episode in, so I can't say if it will keep me interested.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 20 Jan 2024 15:18 Guess the first season of Monarch and the 4th season of For All Mankind on Apple TV+ have ended as there were nog new episodes this week.

Watched Severance in between and finished it 2 days ago. Strange show about keeping work and private memories apart. Enjoyed it enough to keep watching it until the end.

Now started on Silo about people living in a gicantic silo shaped 'builing' because of a hazardous outside world. Just one episode in, so I can't say if it will keep me interested.
I've heard good things about Silo, so I want to start it soon. Plus it has my favourite actress Rebecca Ferguson in it. :wave:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kong Wen wrote: 20 Jan 2024 20:44
MerlinDrazziw wrote: 20 Jan 2024 15:18 Now started on Silo about people living in a gicantic silo shaped 'builing' because of a hazardous outside world. Just one episode in, so I can't say if it will keep me interested.
I've heard good things about Silo, so I want to start it soon. Plus it has my favourite actress Rebecca Ferguson in it. :wave:
Just finished the first season (10 episodes). It's good. Rebecca has a great role in it.

I've also started on another chinese drama a while ago on HBO Max+: Legacy. It's in another setting than the costume drama I saw before (although you could call this one a costume drama as well, but from 1920's. Only watch it when I can focus on the subtitles, but it's another good series.

Also started with the documentary of Jason Momoa "On the Roam" out of curiosity. It's all about old motorcycles and his friends with the same interest. Not really my cup of tea, but it's nice.
Last edited by MerlinDrazziw on 24 Feb 2024 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 28 Jan 2024 11:57 Also started with the documentary of Jason Momoa "On the Roam" out of curiosity. It's all about old motorcycles and his friends with the same interest. Not really my cup of tea, but it's nice.
Have to correct this one .. 1st episode was all about old motorcycles. Just started 2nd episode that's about photography.
Grt. Merlin