Watching any good TV?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Watching any good TV?

Post by Kong Wen »

Over the past week, Mrs. Kong and I have had Rust Valley Restorers on in the background on Netflix. It's a kind of trash documentary/reality show about some dudes in BC who refurbish classic cars, but not in a Pimp My Ride kind of way. Drama and TV-show-personalities aside, it's actually pretty interesting to see old cars treated like simple building blocks.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Forgot to mention Tiny World documentary on Apple TV:

Already started watching season 2 with one of the episodes in the Sonoran Desert that also showed a roadrunner (1:41 in trailer) .. it didn't make a sound like "meep meep", and it was fighting a rattle snake not a coyote ..
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

WandaVision: I really loved this show and it made me watch all the marvel movies. Something about Wanda just got me hooked. Such a fascinating mini series.

The Office (US): While the show seems to have peaked in Season 1-3 I am still enjoying watching this during meals and some of the characters are really quirky.

Kim's Convivence: Only at Season 2 (of 5) but I'm really loving this show it's really funny and my GF can relate a lot to the show. Really fun to watch together.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 12 May 2021 02:48 Kim's Convivence: Only at Season 2 (of 5) but I'm really loving this show it's really funny and my GF can relate a lot to the show. Really fun to watch together.
Interesting, how are you getting a little CBC sitcom? Is it on Netflix or something?
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 16 May 2021 17:13
SkyPikachu wrote: 12 May 2021 02:48 Kim's Convivence: Only at Season 2 (of 5) but I'm really loving this show it's really funny and my GF can relate a lot to the show. Really fun to watch together.
Interesting, how are you getting a little CBC sitcom? Is it on Netflix or something?
Netflix yeah.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

SkyPikachu wrote: 12 May 2021 02:48 The Office (US): While the show seems to have peaked in Season 1-3 I am still enjoying watching this during meals and some of the characters are really quirky.
I used to be a big fan of The Office in my teens. Back then Jim Halpert was one of my favorite characters. He was without a doubt the one I found most relatable. I've seen some episodes now 10 years later. Interestingly now I find Jim and Pam's treatment of Dwight outright off-putting. Instead I find myself rooting for and relating to Dwight. It's still an entertaining show, just like you I pick out an episode when I don't have anything new to watch.

I've also seen Loki 2021. Let's just say it's quite the journey.
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

SkyPikachu wrote: 12 May 2021 02:48

The Office (US): While the show seems to have peaked in Season 1-3 I am still enjoying watching this during meals and some of the characters are really quirky.
Season 1 is quite poor by the rest of the shows standards, and short. I always skip it on rewatches
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

End of august season 2 of See started on Apple TV and just recently Foundation started also. As I'm new to any of Isaac Asimov's books I didn't know what to expect. Now I'm 3 episodes in it still is confusing at times but in general I like it.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Season 2 of See had an open ending so it could be the end or there could be a season 3, will see ...
Season 1 of Foundation has ended also .. still confusing story and still liking it, can't wait for a next season.

Now I've started the first season of Invasion .. didn't read beforehand what it's about, so it'll probably take some episodes to get into it.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Mrs. Kong and I watched Midnight Mass at Kiwi's recommendation, and it was excellent.

Then we watched through all 5 seasons of Peaky Blinders in exchange for some cowardly friends of ours also watching Midnight Mass. PB was OK. IMO nothing terribly special as a series, as thematically it seems somewhat jumbly, and even the setting isn't consistent throughout the series. Tom Hardy's infrequent appearances were highlights, though.