Games you've played because of BGE

Nominate and vote for your favourite games in a tournament-style competition. Join the debate, discuss what games mean to you, and discover hidden gems to broaden your horizons.
Jordan

Re: Games you've played because of BGE

Post by Jordan »

I suspect the winner of BGE will be something retro. I could be wrong though.

I'll probably play it if I can. If it's something like Guacamelee, definitely. That game looks like it would be fun and interesting to play anyways.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:I suspect the winner of BGE will be something retro. I could be wrong though.

I'll probably play it if I can. If it's something like Guacamelee, definitely. That game looks like it would be fun and interesting to play anyways.
Eh, it's easy to play games that look fun and interesting regardless! There are a bunch of them that I'll probably at least give a shot (Jagged Alliance 2, Opoona, EUIV, M&B Warband). But the challenge of the sacred BGE oath is commitment: if the community sees fit to deem a game worthy of the coveted title of "BEST GAME EVER!!!", then I trust them enough to blindly commit to playing it, no matter what it is.

But yes, it'll most likely be something relatively accessible, if the results from the past few years are anything to go by.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Quick every vote for the toughest hardest game. Or something like animal crossing which takes forever to truely beat. :lol:

That being said in new leaf I finished the museum after cheating the date. To get a couple of fish or bugs that I missed.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

On a side not I'm going to try beat every top 10 game in the BGE. Assuming the title has an ending. If something like Team Fortress 2/Tetris/Space Invaders makes the top 10 I'll skip over it. (Not to mention I've played my fair share of Tetris and Space Invaders anyway).
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I wish there was some kind of jokey finalist like Cheetahmen II that I could vote for just so that you guys have to play that laughable game.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Slurmee wrote:If something like Team Fortress 2/Tetris/Space Invaders makes the top 10 I'll skip over it.
If TF2 wins you have to win a round on 10 different maps.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sharecrow wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:This is probably the best time to post this, before the eventual winner becomes too obvious:

I, Kong Wen, do hereby solemnly swear to play the winner of the current "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project through to completion by the end of calendar year 2016, provided it's not a game that I have already beaten.

Who else will join me in taking this sacred oath?
I will except I'll caveat that it must be available on hardware that I have access to. If it is not, then I'll play the next highest ranked game that is.

Basically I can't do a Nintendo, PC, or XBox game...
That's a pretty narrow range there :lol:

I'm hoping a solid PC game makes it into the top 10 list so I can give it a try.

It's likely that the top 5 games won't be from this gen anyways, so if I pick up a 360 I'll probably be able to play most of the games on the top 10 list.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Sharecrow wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:This is probably the best time to post this, before the eventual winner becomes too obvious:

I, Kong Wen, do hereby solemnly swear to play the winner of the current "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project through to completion by the end of calendar year 2016, provided it's not a game that I have already beaten.

Who else will join me in taking this sacred oath?
I will except I'll caveat that it must be available on hardware that I have access to. If it is not, then I'll play the next highest ranked game that is.

Basically I can't do a Nintendo, PC, or XBox game...
That's a pretty narrow range there :lol:

I'm hoping a solid PC game makes it into the top 10 list so I can give it a try.

It's likely that the top 5 games won't be from this gen anyways, so if I pick up a 360 I'll probably be able to play most of the games on the top 10 list.
To put it another way, I'm not spending hundreds on hardware just to play one game.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:To put it another way, I'm not spending hundreds on hardware just to play one game.
I am.

I'm confident that any game that makes it through this contest will be available on a system I can access, though.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I adhered to that oath, btw. :)

Now that a couple years have passed and we're gearing up for another event, are there any other games that people have played based on their performance in the 2015-16 BGE!!! project?