Fallout

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.

What Fallout games have you played?

Fallout
17%
Fallout 2
17%
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
4%
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
2%
Fallout 3
22%
Fallout: New Vegas
22%
Fallout Shelter
4%
Fallout 4
11%

Total votes: 46

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Fallout

Post by Kong Wen »

:)

We should have a thread dedicated to the discussion of this amazing series. Fallout 4 just came out and I know a lot of people are playing it right now. There are also a lot of people who wish they were playing it, or are planning on playing it imminently.

There has also been some lively discussion in the BGE project about some of the differences between e.g. the earlier games and the newer 3D games, or the way the various games handle the lore. This is a great place to get into the weeds on those topics.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Fallout

Post by VictorViper »

I've never been much of a stickler for lore continuity, especially where well over a decade and its associated hardware advancements are concerned. I loved Fallout then and I especially love it now.

I'm planning a marathon session with Fallout 4 today (and in all likelihood tomorrow). So far the best part has been finally getting my girl to try the game out after several years of goading her on. She stayed up til after two last night playing. I may have created a monster...
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I've never been much of a stickler for lore continuity, especially where well over a decade and its associated hardware advancements are concerned. I loved Fallout then and I especially love it now.

I'm planning a marathon session with Fallout 4 today (and in all likelihood tomorrow). So far the best part has been finally getting my girl to try the game out after several years of goading her on. She stayed up til after two last night playing. I may have created a monster...
You may have created an opportunity to acquire a second PS4. ;)
neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

I didn't finish Fallout, but I played a lot of it and I really loved it.
I also had Fallout 2 but never started it because I was of course waiting to finish the first one.
Played a little bit of 3, just past the tutorial and I wasn't invested in the least.

I currently own the original "trilogy" (1, 2 and tactics), from GOG but honestly I don't know if I will ever have the opportunity to try getting back into the series.
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Only 3 and New Vegas sadly. Loved 3 but I just couldn't get into New Vegas for some reason, it was fine though.

I would love to go and play the original and 2, and I will definitely play Fallout 4 once I get a PS4.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I've played FO3, New Vegas and now the latest game. I've tried the old ones, but they just aren't my kind of games.

I've mainly played FO on PC, but I've now gotten FO4 on PS4 since I suspect it might run better on it than my PC.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Something weird happenened. Some hours in, my girlfriend took an interest in Fallout 4. We ended up taking turns with the controller, at this point she has almost played more than me. It did something though, I now no longer feel as in touch with the character I created.

Sharing a save file seems to weaken my role-playing experience, as well as the sense of immersion in the game world. I'm not sure how to share the Fallout experience with someone else in the best possible way. FO3 and NV have been very solitary affairs for me.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jelly wrote:Something weird happenened. Some hours in, my girlfriend took an interest in Fallout 4. We ended up taking turns with the controller, at this point she has almost played more than me. It did something though, I now no longer feel as in touch with the character I created.

Sharing a save file seems to weaken my role-playing experience, as well as the sense of immersion in the game world. I'm not sure how to share the Fallout experience with someone else in the best possible way. FO3 and NV have been very solitary affairs for me.
That sounds natural to me. If your character is in a different place than where you left her, has had new experiences that you haven't shared, etc. then you're bound to feel disconnected.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I tried the remote play function to play Fallout 4 on the PSVitsa. It's actually not that bad, the game runs smoothly enough. It's however harder to get a proper feel of the surroundings on the small screen, especially since the graphics have a lower res unfocued look.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I wanted to recreate the pagoda from Game of Death, but I'm tired of scavenging, and there's not really any Asian themed items or decorations. That and apparently there's a height limit to what I can build. Sadness that I was scared my PC couldn't run this...