New Member Introduction Thread

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: New Member Introduction Thread

Post by Kong Wen »

Skullomancer wrote: 10 Feb 2019 04:43 Salutations. I came here from the Backloggery to participate in the Best Game Ever competition. Perhaps I'll stick around.
Welcome to the forum, Skullomancer! :neon:

If you haven't stumbled upon it yet, there's a little chat box at the bottom of the main forum page were some of our more unsavoury characters spend their time. (You can also access a full-page version of it here.)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Skullomancer
Initiate

Post by Skullomancer »

Thank ye kindly.

I apologize for the "new guy" question, but I get an error message when I try to add my Backloggery banner to my signature. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments
Signature.png
Signature.png (38.52 KiB) Viewed 7004 times
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Skullomancer wrote: 11 Feb 2019 00:13 Thank ye kindly.

I apologize for the "new guy" question, but I get an error message when I try to add my Backloggery banner to my signature. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
It's probably our extremist size limits on signature images. I'll try to take a look for you.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Welcome aboard skullomancer!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Welcome Skullomancer :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

OK, the issue appears to be that the link they give you in the Backloggery signature image code block doesn't actually direct to a .gif file like the code suggests, but to a .php page that surfaces a .png image. This also means the .gif the forum thinks it's looking for doesn't have dimensions, per se, so the forum can't verify whether the image fits within the restrictions.

I think the only way to get around this on our end would be to completely lift the image size restrictions...
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 Feb 2019 16:54

OK, the issue appears to be that the link they give you in the Backloggery signature image code block doesn't actually direct to a .gif file like the code suggests, but to a .php page that surfaces a .png image. This also means the .gif the forum thinks it's looking for doesn't have dimensions, per se, so the forum can't verify whether the image fits within the restrictions.

I think the only way to get around this on our end would be to completely lift the image size restrictions...
Could you lift if for a few days let whoever wants to change their stuff to backloggery then unlift it or will that break it?
Skullomancer
Initiate

Post by Skullomancer »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 Feb 2019 16:54

Huh. Strange. I saw a few other folks here with their Backloggery banners in their signatures, so I wasn't expecting it to be an issue.

Either way, it sounds like fixing the problem is more trouble than it's worth, so don't worry about it. I'll put something else down there. Thanks for looking into it.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

This is Slurmee I had my named changed to SkyPikachu I'm not a new member.

Hi I'm totally a new member I am SkyPikachu o/ HI
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So if Slurmee changed his TONe ID does that mean some of his TONe trophies won't transfer over? Are all threads on TONe compatible with SkyPikachu or only the ones made after 2015? Will he lose some of his forum data? Will only some users will be able to see his name as SkyPikachu while others will still see Slurmee?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons