Top 32: 9/16 - Mario vs. Link

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

Which game should advance to the Round of 16?

Poll ended at 10 Dec 2015 21:31

23 - Super Mario Galaxy - 2007 - Wii
59%
108 - The Legend of Zelda - 1986 - NES
41%

Total votes: 22

This Old Neon
Administrator

Top 32: 9/16 - Mario vs. Link

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project Top 32 Brackets!

You can vote for 1 game in this bracket. Vote carefully—you can't change your vote after submitting it. The top game at the end of the week will advance to the Round of 16.

23 - Super Mario Galaxy - 2007 - Wii
108 - The Legend of Zelda - 1986 - NES

You are encouraged to discuss your choice and your reasons for selecting the game you did.
Jordan

Re: Top 32: 9/16 - Mario vs. Link

Post by Jordan »

I'm tempted to vote for Zelda here. I'm really butthurt that this is super mario galaxy instead of super mario galaxy 2, which is by far a better game.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Finally, another easy one! The Legend of Zelda wins this bracket hands-down. One of the few games that manages to capture that feeling of excitement and adventure that comes from being cast into a strange world with no knowledge and no context. Where do I go? What do I do? The power progression in the game is impressively finely-tuned for its time, as the player and Link gradually grow stronger and able to face greater challenges. It also handles remarkably well, which you can't really appreciate unless you've slogged through some of the other sluggish and choppy top-down games of the era.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

As much as I like the original Zelda I know which one I'd rather play today.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

Abstaining.
While I do prefer Zelda (wut) over that abomination of a Mario game, I don't want either one to progress.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:Abstaining.
While I do prefer Zelda (wut) over that abomination of a Mario game, I don't want either one to progress.
One of them is going to progress. Might as well be the one you prefer.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Turai wrote:Abstaining.
Such strong words!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Flamin Skull

Post by Flamin Skull »

this one is easy. Zelda had a HUGE impact on my gaming. Imagine being a 10 something year old kid being bored of following a script on a video game, one day BAM! my little brother hands me a shiny GOLD NES cartridge! (our friend at our apartment complex let him borrow it) My eyes literally popped when I read the title "LEGEND of Zelda" when I popped in the cart I was amazed at the "Open World" and the fact I could get stronger as I progressed in the game.

compared to SM Galaxy, I bought it and only played a couple hours on it and lost interest.

when I get a Wii U one of the first games (probably the second game since I promised the wife Id get Mario Party lol) is gonna be the zelda games!
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

Kong Wen wrote:Finally, another easy one! The Legend of Zelda wins this bracket hands-down. One of the few games that manages to capture that feeling of excitement and adventure that comes from being cast into a strange world with no knowledge and no context. Where do I go? What do I do? The power progression in the game is impressively finely-tuned for its time, as the player and Link gradually grow stronger and able to face greater challenges. It also handles remarkably well, which you can't really appreciate unless you've slogged through some of the other sluggish and choppy top-down games of the era.
This is probably true but I still think it's a little too clunky and directionless. I don't really like when games are truly directionless
lol hello
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Forscyvus wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Finally, another easy one! The Legend of Zelda wins this bracket hands-down. One of the few games that manages to capture that feeling of excitement and adventure that comes from being cast into a strange world with no knowledge and no context. Where do I go? What do I do? The power progression in the game is impressively finely-tuned for its time, as the player and Link gradually grow stronger and able to face greater challenges. It also handles remarkably well, which you can't really appreciate unless you've slogged through some of the other sluggish and choppy top-down games of the era.
This is probably true but I still think it's a little too clunky and directionless. I don't really like when games are truly directionless
That's why I'm never going to play the game as I'll just get frustrated as I won't know what to do next without a guide.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery