Mobile games you keep playing...

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Mobile games you keep playing...

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Most of the mobile games I download, I only play for a short time and either delete them or leave them for another time. Some games have a clear ending and once beaten, will not be played again. But there are also games without a real ending, that you can keep playing daily or on a regular base. Quite often this are "social" games, but not always.

What games do you play daily (or regular) or have been playing daily for a long time?

For me the daily games currently are:
  • Hay Day : started "competing" with a co-worker, but liked how the game evolved
  • PuzzleManiak HD : has daily webchallenges for each type of puzzle and a point system that covers the last 10 days
  • Ascension : after a lot of duels with VictorViper, I kept playing online with 20+ ongoing games
  • Penny Arcade (cardgame) : 4+ ongoing online games. There don't seem to be as many players as with Ascension, but 4+ is fun enough
Other games I check regularly are: Outernauts, Clash of Clans, Sugar Crush Saga and a few others.
Grt. Merlin

Yossarian

Re: Games you keep playing...

Post by Yossarian »

I've been playing Marvel Puzzle Quest since it came out. It has the right amount of extra story content and fake PVP to keep me interested. That and collecting characters.

The other ones are the quick ones like 10000000 and Dungelot 2. The latter has suffered some annoying glitches but is addictive enough to forgive. I was also really impressed by the amount of content in Chaos Rings 2. There's new game + and new game + +!
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Took me just under a year to walk away from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I play short bursts of NES Punch-Out pretty frequently on my 3DS or Wii U.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

evildevil97 wrote:Took me just under a year to walk away from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I play short bursts of NES Punch-Out pretty frequently on my 3DS or Wii U.
If Punch-Out! were on iOS, then I'd finally have a game that could keep me playing mobile games.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I think the main one for me is Super Stardust. I haven't played it in a while due to how many other PSN/PS3 games I'm playing at the moment but I do think about it every time my PS3 is on. Good stuff. Lots to do and lots of room to improve scores and etc.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Yossarian

Post by Yossarian »

Kong Wen wrote:
evildevil97 wrote:Took me just under a year to walk away from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I play short bursts of NES Punch-Out pretty frequently on my 3DS or Wii U.
If Punch-Out! were on iOS, then I'd finally have a game that could keep me playing mobile games.
Infinity Blade is kinda like Punchout. The old WiiWare game Rage of the Gladiator is a pretty close myth themed punch out tribute.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Edited to include only mobile games... this really ought to be about this type of game in general, IMO...

- TxK
- Spelunky
- Luftrausers
- 1001 Spikes
- OlliOlli
- The Pinball Arcade
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Reminder folks: this is in the Mobile Gaming forum. Let's try to stick to mobile/phone game recommendations for now.
Yossarian

Post by Yossarian »

Other regular games I play on train journeys are the slots rpg Tower of Fortune and the morally and ethically dubious Plague Inc. just can't win the zombie scenario! There's so much content and it's endorsed by the CDC!

One I come back to every now and then is Deep Dungeons of Doom. It's a rhythm based fighting game all about knowing when to block and when to attack in lovely 16 bit style.

Nearly forgot 868-Hack!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yossarian wrote:Other regular games I play on train journeys are the slots rpg Tower of Fortune and the morally and ethically dubious Plague Inc. just can't win the zombie scenario! There's so much content and it's endorsed by the CDC!
Plague Inc. is on my Steam wishlist for when it gets a bit cheaper! It looks really interesting.

One game that captured my interest for a time was Burrito Bison, but unfortunately the superior sequel wasn't on iOS, so I spent a lot of time playing it in a browser on my second screen at work. :)