Shovel Knight

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Shovel Knight

Post by The Shoemaker »

link64 wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Has anyone tried the New Game +? It seems like you take more damage, but that's the only difference I've found so far. Anyone notice anything else different?
There's less checkpoints and health pick ups in new game plus.
Ah so just overall more difficult. We will see if I have the patience for it!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Has anyone messed around with the 300 cheat codes this game has? I used a few last night; one of them makes you 4X bigger which makes you crop through all the environments, another can increase your jump or make it slow-mo, increase your speed, complete levels for you, start off in specific armor, always have the underwater animation, ect. The most popular right now seems to be the Butt cheat code: It replaces most names and important words in the story with "Butt".
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Has anyone messed around with the 300 cheat codes this game has?
Haven't tried them yet... not too sure how to deal with them (unless I'm missing something already mentioned here).
link64
Beginner

Post by link64 »

The Shoemaker wrote:Has anyone messed around with the 300 cheat codes this game has? I used a few last night; one of them makes you 4X bigger which makes you crop through all the environments, another can increase your jump or make it slow-mo, increase your speed, complete levels for you, start off in specific armor, always have the underwater animation, ect. The most popular right now seems to be the Butt cheat code: It replaces most names and important words in the story with "Butt".
I've tried the 4X bigger cheat, got through a few levels with it.

I've also tried the Iron Man of gaming mode, I'd recommend it if your bored with the normal game, or just have 5 minutes to spare.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Read an article that said the publisher stated that the Wii U has the highest attach rate for this game of any of the systems it was on.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

squishy wrote:Read an article that said the publisher stated that the Wii U has the highest attach rate for this game of any of the systems it was on.
Either your article misinterpreted the publisher, or you misinterpreted the article: the Wii U actually has the lowest attach rate for this game. According to Yacht Club Games' sales update, the Wii U accounts for 27% of the sales, while the system with the highest sales (PC) accounts for 40%. The other 33% are 3DS.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

link64 wrote: I've tried the 4X bigger cheat, got through a few levels with it.

I've also tried the Iron Man of gaming mode, I'd recommend it if your bored with the normal game, or just have 5 minutes to spare.
Huh, never heard of that one until now, that was kind of neat. Weird level to collect money though, there was barely anything!
Kong Wen wrote:
squishy wrote:Read an article that said the publisher stated that the Wii U has the highest attach rate for this game of any of the systems it was on.
Either your article misinterpreted the publisher, or you misinterpreted the article: the Wii U actually has the lowest attach rate for this game. According to Yacht Club Games' sales update, the Wii U accounts for 27% of the sales, while the system with the highest sales (PC) accounts for 40%. The other 33% are 3DS.
I actually found that to be a pretty good read, it was a nice look into the life of a game developer.
Perhaps it meant it had the highest attach rate on Nintendo consoles collectively?
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Shovel Knight is getting an exclusive release discount for PAL regions. Once it hits the eShop (still no date except from 2014), there's a 33% discount for the other version when you buy the game on either 3DS or Wii U. Not enough discount for me to get both, guess I'll just get the Wii U version.
Grt. Merlin

slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Yep, and the Wii U eShop music theme has been changed to the Shovel Knight theme, I see. Have downloaded the 3DS version, for the 3D effect, but will pass on the Wii U version in disgust (only 33% discount for so called 'crossbuy'?). Glad this one finally came out in Europe at last. :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I really like it on the 3DS, perfect for portable play and it really pops in 3D.

33% is okay, but that wouldn't be enough to convince me to double dip.