TONe Community: Wii U Master List Express

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: TONe Community: Wii U Gaming Collection Master List

Post by Claytone »

kitroplious wrote:
Claytone wrote:I assume based on others' posts that we're not doing Wii VC as well? If we are, I've got a LOT of games to add.

While I initially had no such plans [of including them in here], I have come to realize (and admit) that the topic about the previous generation was unnecessary, since everyone is shifting to new hardware, and selling their old stuff.

Effective immediately, select Wii Virtual Console games, shown below, will be conditionally supported‡:

N64
 1080° Snowboarding
 F-Zero X
 Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
 Mario Golf
 Mario Kart 64
 Mario Party 2
 Mario Tennis
 Paper Mario
 Pokemon Puzzle League
 Pokemon Snap
 Star Fox 64
 Super Mario 64
 Super Smash Bros.
 Wave Race 64
 Yoshi's Story

SNES:
 Kirby's Avalanche
 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

NES:
 Donkey Kong Jr. Math
 NES Play Action Football
 StarTropics
 Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

‡ Select Nintendo published games only from their systems. Excludes removals from the Wii Shop Channel before July 2014. In addition, this also excludes third-party games* and their systems, as well as all imported games (unless released on Wii U VC in North America or Europe).

Note: Any Wii Virtual Console game that is also currently available on Wii U Virtual Console in North America and/or Europe, will also be supported.

I mean, I could just as well post them in the other thread, I just didn't know it existed, my bad!

I've never sold a console in my life (and hardly any games), but I'm a collector (see my post in the "What consoles do you own" thread), so I suppose that makes me an outlier. I'd be happy to contribute to the Wii thread as well though (and for that matter, I think thread for any number of legacy machines should be supported). In fact, if there's interest of any sort, I'd be happy to perhaps run threads on NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, etc. (well, ideally I'd only run one of those, with help on the rest, but in any case, I'm interested in those existing).

I just was wondering about Wii VC because I did a system transfer of my Wii to my Wii U for convenience, so those games are technically stored on my Wii U now despite being Wii software.. Still have my Wii, just easier to not have to switch around to play my VC games and access my old Wii save files.
You got BOOST power!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: TONe Community: Wii U Gaming Collection Master List

Post by kitroplious »

Claytone wrote:I just was wondering about Wii VC because I did a system transfer of my Wii to my Wii U for convenience, so those games are technically stored on my Wii U now despite being Wii software.. Still have my Wii, just easier to not have to switch around to play my VC games and access my old Wii save files.
I'm just not sure about the third-party situation (developers/games and their systems...)

As we know, Hudson Soft. is no more; Konami has taken over their properties and has done very little to them since*. Just this past week, a representative at Sega said that they currently don't have any plans on bringing their games to the Wii U Virtual Console, which is a huge blow. And then, I don't think we know anything about NEOGEO support (correct me if I'm wrong here).

It's a shame it's not like the PS Vita or the 3DS, where all the backwards compatibility stuff is available all in one place. I just want to play it safe, because I'm pretty sure [hopefully] all of these games above will appear in the Wii U eShop at some point.

* I should note that PC Engine/Turbografx is on the Wii U VC in Japan, but only 12 games are on the service, and 4 on the 3DS VC. Neither 3DS VC** or Wii U VC has any games of that system outside Japan.

** I have no plans of starting up a 3DS VC list, if anyone was wondering.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

UPDATE: Conditional^ games from Wii VC that are not on Wii U VC (Nintendo-published; ALL games were purchased at Club Nintendo)

+ 1080° Snowboarding
+ F-Zero X
+ Mario Golf
+ Mario Kart 64
+ Mario Party 2
+ Mario Tennis
+ NES Play Action Football
+ Paper Mario
+ Star Fox 64
+ Super Mario 64
+ Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
+ Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

Semi-conditional: Not available on North America Wii U VC, but is in Europe:

+ Super Mario Kart (Club Nintendo)

^ All Wii VC games listed above, I plan on purchasing the upgraded Wii U VC version, when available
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Re: TONe Community: Wii U Master List Express

Post by squishy »

Just pre-ordered Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

Wii U VC:
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Wrecking Crew
F-Zero
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star
Golden Sun
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Ninja Gaiden
Double Dragon
Earthbound
Balloon Fight
Soccer
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Wii U VC:

Ice Climber
Excitebike
PilotWings
Metroid
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Wario's Woods
Wario Land 4
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby And The Amazing Mirror
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Punch Out
Super Punch Out
Yoshi
NES Open Tournament Golf
PacLand
Pac Man Collection
Pac Man
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II: The new Challengers
Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong 3
Kid Icarus
The Legend Of Zelda
Zelda II: The adventure Of Link
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Bought myself a Wii U for my birthday, not much but will be building my collection for sure.

Wii U Eshop
+ Little Inferno
+ Earthbound

Wii U

+ Mario Kart 8 (retail)
+ The Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker HD (digital)

Nintendo Network ID: Slangman
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

squishy wrote:Just pre-ordered Super Smash Bros. For Wii U
I'm personally waiting for the Super Smash Bros. For Wii U bundle (that contains the game, the Smash Bros. branded GameCube controller + GameCube controller adapter for Wii U)... whenever it shows up on EB Games website (they're behind to their American GameStop locations so much!).
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Virtual Console:

+ Ufouria: The Saga

Wii U Retail [Game Disc] Pre-Order:

+ HYRULE WARRIORS ($5 put down, but no cancellation planned; will pay the rest later [additional pre-order deposits and pickup will be added in the "2014 Game Spending Thread"])

-----

EDIT: Nintendo has just announced NES Remix Pack (1+2) that will be available in retail stores this holiday season. For every purchase of this package, it will be counted as the separate games itself (as in two... NES Remix Pack will not have its own entry).

Example for every retail copy of NES Remix Pack:

NES Remix (x1 retail; x[currentnumber] digital)
NES Remix 2 (x1 retail; x[currentnumber] digital)
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

YES! So glad I held off on getting the Downloads! I'll probably pick up that and Wii Sports Club whenever the former comes out.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Wii U eShop/Virtual Console
+Earthbound
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Virtual Console:

+ MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK (100 Wii U VC game for me and North America - August 1st)

Wii U eShop Wishlist / local delays: [EDIT UPDATE FINAL]
+ XType Plus (temporary delay due to game problems; didn't buy it in time [have enough funds though, so no expiry])
+ Frederic: Resurrection of Music (TBA‡ - not available in Canada due to french language laws. we'll see what happens... It's a shame because I thought the trailer was funny!).

+ SHUT THE BOX (release date and purchase on August 7th)
+ Jett Tailfin (release date and purchase on August 7th)
+ Soon Shine (release date and purchase on August 14th)

‡ Listing expires: end of January next year (unless bought and/or available earlier). Furter updates will be posted in the "2014 Game Spending Thread"