TOP 8 — Poll 4

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

4 — Mega Man 2 (1988, NES)
33%
5 — Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (2014, Multiplatform)
67%

Total votes: 9

This Old Neon
Administrator

TOP 8 — Poll 4

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 16!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: TOP 8 — Poll 4

Post by Sharecrow »

Both great games - I’m fine with whichever one wins here honestly.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: TOP 8 — Poll 4

Post by SkyPikachu »

No idea how mega man 2 made it this far maybe X is just much much better than 2 BUT 2 just feels like a terrible version of X and I just don't see the hype for it.

Pleasantly surprised to see Guacamelee in the top 8. I don't think it deserves top 4 but it deserves it over MM2.