Twilight Princess HD

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Twilight Princess HD

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:I just pre-ordered this game on Amazon. It comes with the amiibo and it was only $47.99 for Amazong Prime members! That is cheaper than the digital copy!
Good price! I think mine costs somewhere around there as well, I got it for 30% off the Canadian price of $74.99 or so.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Wow you guys pay a lot more than we do!

Australia and Mexico pay even more I think.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Canadian prices are ridiculous right now. Between this, the two Fire Emblem Fates, Pokken Tournament and Hyrule Warriors Legends, I've plunked down about $330 in the last two months. 3DS games run about $49.99 plus tax (13%) and Wii U games are anywhere from $49.99-$79.99 depending on the title
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:Canadian prices are ridiculous right now. Between this, the two Fire Emblem Fates, Pokken Tournament and Hyrule Warriors Legends, I've plunked down about $330 in the last two months. 3DS games run about $49.99 plus tax (13%) and Wii U games are anywhere from $49.99-$79.99 depending on the title
Yeah it's rough. I've just been taking advantage of every deal I can, I think Twilight Princess only cost me around $50.

My copy just came in today. Turns out I still love the game, played for 6 hours straight. I know a lot of people don't like the beginning, but I like that you start in a small town and get accustomed to the villagers and from there start your journey.

The game looks better than I was expecting, but it's still evident that it's an old game. The only odd thing I'm noticing is that whenever I run or use the horse I notice what I'm going to call screen tearing along the bottom of the screen. I've never noticed this in any other Wii U games, and I haven't heard of this issue in the game so I'm not sure what it is.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I'm glad that this is fun! Are the graphics amazing? I got my copy in the mail already, but its a birthday present for me (April 11th) so I have to wait...
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I didn't realize this was out already.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:I'm glad that this is fun! Are the graphics amazing? I got my copy in the mail already, but its a birthday present for me (April 11th) so I have to wait...
There are moments where I think it looks really good, particularly cut scenes with Link. There are also moments where it looks pretty dated, but I don't think it detracts from the experience.

For the last couple years I've heard nothing but people dogging on this game online, but I really don't know why. Playing it again now all these years later and I love it more than ever. I'm really surprised at how well done the story is in the game considering it was a 2006 Nintendo game. They did a great job with the setting and the characters. The beginning starts off slow, which I can understand people not liking. I think it's a good slow start though. I'm sure some will disagree, but I think the beginning pace really gives you the opportunity to see Link as a character separate from him being the hero. Also gives a nice built up the the Twilight sections.

I'm liking everything about it so far and I might even be changing this one to my favourite Zelda game. The only big disappointment with the game is that Hyrule Field is mostly empty and just serves as a big space for you to run around in with your horse. There are little things to find like heart pieces, bugs and stamps, but the field is mostly just travelling space. Once you have your horse it works fine though. Individual areas like Death Mountain, Lake Hylia and Faron Woods appear to have a decent amount to do in them to make up for it. They are nice scenic fields though, especially when the Twilight is up.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

How are the controls of this version? I've finished the Wii version 2 years ago, don't feel like playing the game with the same controls again. Would like to play it though, but I still have so many unfinished Zelda games.

As for prices, € 43 is the cheapest I've seen here and haven't seen Wolf-Link amiibo sold seperately yet. I would prefer to get the game from the eShop, but only when the price is right.
Grt. Merlin

squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:How are the controls of this version? I've finished the Wii version 2 years ago, don't feel like playing the game with the same controls again. Would like to play it though, but I still have so many unfinished Zelda games.

As for prices, € 43 is the cheapest I've seen here and haven't seen Wolf-Link amiibo sold seperately yet. I would prefer to get the game from the eShop, but only when the price is right.

Controls are more akin to the GameCube version and Link is his typical left handed self
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:How are the controls of this version? I've finished the Wii version 2 years ago, don't feel like playing the game with the same controls again. Would like to play it though, but I still have so many unfinished Zelda games.

Controls are more akin to the GameCube version and Link is his typical left handed self
Except on hero mode where the world is mirrored to the Wii version!

Controls work great, everything works as it should and the gamepad is great for quickly switching out items. You can aim manually or use the gyro controls to aim, as well as choose between first and third person.