Pokemon needs a Complete Overhaul

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Pokemon needs a Complete Overhaul

Post by The Shoemaker »

Awesome, they're adding the stealth feature I wanted to the upcoming Ruby and Saphirre remakes! Here's an excerpt from IGN;

A feature called DexNav scans a location and will identify a nearby Pokemon I can try to capture. The location of the Pokemon is shown by a tail graphic poking out of the grass on-screen. My trainer can now tip-toe (which requires me to carefully nudge the analog slide pad) and sneak up to try and capture them. The catch? If I get pulled into a random battle with wild Pokemon, my target disappears and escapes potential capture. Pro-tip: Use the item repel to keep the wild creatures at bay long enough to snag a potential target.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/p ... -new-again

Also you can now fly in the overworld, it's not just a cheap animation anymore. This is so cool! Definitely the direction I wanted Pokemon to go in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvxSvPIw5c
Check it out around the 50 second mark.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Also you can now fly in the overworld, it's not just a cheap animation anymore. This is so cool! Definitely the direction I wanted Pokemon to go in.

Finally Pokemon is like Final Fantasy in that regard! It's about time you can fly all over the place freely. It's too bad they didn't do this with X & Y...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Also you can now fly in the overworld, it's not just a cheap animation anymore. This is so cool! Definitely the direction I wanted Pokemon to go in.

Finally Pokemon is like Final Fantasy in that regard! It's about time you can fly all over the place freely. It's too bad they didn't do this with X & Y...
They almost should have realeased these remakes first so they could add all of this new stuff to X and Y. At the moment the remakes are looking way better than X and Y!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: Also you can now fly in the overworld, it's not just a cheap animation anymore. This is so cool! Definitely the direction I wanted Pokemon to go in.

This is great. I sure hope that works with any pokemon that can learn Fly. I want to blaze around the skies on my Golurk. :D
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote: Also you can now fly in the overworld, it's not just a cheap animation anymore. This is so cool! Definitely the direction I wanted Pokemon to go in.

This is great. I sure hope that works with any pokemon that can learn Fly. I want to blaze around the skies on my Golurk. :D
I hope so as well, but I think it's specific to those two pokemon. At least that's how the PR made it sounds. But if not I'll be riding around on my Zapdos and Talonflame for sure!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:I hope so as well, but I think it's specific to those two pokemon. At least that's how the PR made it sounds. But if not I'll be riding around on my Zapdos and Talonflame for sure!
I hope it's kind of like the surfing situation then, where they just give you a generic looking flying Pokémon or bird...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I hope so as well, but I think it's specific to those two pokemon. At least that's how the PR made it sounds. But if not I'll be riding around on my Zapdos and Talonflame for sure!
I hope it's kind of like the surfing situation then, where they just give you a generic looking flying Pokémon or bird...
After more reading it appears you get this flute you can use which sends one of those two Pokemon flying to you - so you don't need to keep them in your party.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I got the special demo and it's pretty cool. I played the main demo bit then they have all these side quest things afterwards.

Having not really played a pokemon game since Soul Silver it's crazy how much change there's been.

That flying thing looks awesome.

Btw the demo is stupidly easy.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:I got the special demo and it's pretty cool. I played the main demo bit then they have all these side quest things afterwards.

Having not really played a pokemon game since Soul Silver it's crazy how much change there's been.

That flying thing looks awesome.

Btw the demo is stupidly easy.
Awesome, I hope I get a demo code. Pokemon X was very easy so I`m not sure if the demo`s just easy or if that`s how the actual game is.

Side quests are good!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: After more reading it appears you get this flute you can use which sends one of those two Pokemon flying to you - so you don't need to keep them in your party.
Aww, no zooming around on Golurk after all.

Nevertheless, pretty cool feature. Looks fun.
You got BOOST power!