Miitomo

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Miitomo

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Today, I've downloaded Miitomo on my iPad and got my Mii set up. The sound of my Mii's voice still needs some adjustment, but otherwise it's good to go. One (of the) thing(s) that is not ok is the adding of friends. The only options are through facebook or twitter or if you're in the same room (face to face). I was expecting a link with Miiverse and the friends connected there, but that doesn't seem possible?!
Positive thing about it is the points you get for your My Nintendo account, but that's for a different thread.

Anyway, who else has installed Miitomo? What do you think of it?
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Miitomo

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Today, I've downloaded Miitomo on my iPad and got my Mii set up. The sound of my Mii's voice still needs some adjustment, but otherwise it's good to go. One (of the) thing(s) that is not ok is the adding of friends. The only options are through facebook or twitter or if you're in the same room (face to face). I was expecting a link with Miiverse and the friends connected there, but that doesn't seem possible?!
Positive thing about it is the points you get for your My Nintendo account, but that's for a different thread.

Anyway, who else has installed Miitomo? What do you think of it?
Yeah I was surprised there's no direct way of adding friends. It works quite seamlessly through Facebook and Twitter though. Do you have either Merlin?

I like it. It's fun if you have a group of friends that use it and like to comment. I wish it was a little more like Tomodachi Life in that it has more to do, but it's fun and I'm looking forward to more updates.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:Yeah I was surprised there's no direct way of adding friends. It works quite seamlessly through Facebook and Twitter though. Do you have either Merlin?
I have both, but not all Miiverse friends are fb/tw friends and vv. Don't need 'all' fb/tw friends on Miitomo also. But I'll may try it anyway.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Yeah I was surprised there's no direct way of adding friends. It works quite seamlessly through Facebook and Twitter though. Do you have either Merlin?
I have both, but not all Miiverse friends are fb/tw friends and vv. Don't need 'all' fb/tw friends on Miitomo also. But I'll may try it anyway.
Yeah, it's a bit alienating to gaming communities in that sense.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Literally have no space on my low-capacity iPhone. I will dabble more when I get a larger phone!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I picked it up and yeah, my only real complaint is the lack of ways to add friends
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm not sure how long it will be until this App gets old, but for now I am liking it. It's a nice little conversation starter most of the time, and a means for hilarious answers the rest of the time. I have a feeling it will become pretty big in the memes department as the photo editor really encourages it.

I'm wondering how long it will keep people's interest. I would think they'll have to update new features soon before people become bored.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I grabbed this for some giggles. Is there no way to add people beyond opening up my Facebook and Twitter accounts to spam unwitting friends? I don't have a NNID...
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

VictorViper wrote:I grabbed this for some giggles. Is there no way to add people beyond opening up my Facebook and Twitter accounts to spam unwitting friends? I don't have a NNID...
Facebook, Twitter or face to face are the only ways to link so far
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

VictorViper wrote:I grabbed this for some giggles. Is there no way to add people beyond opening up my Facebook and Twitter accounts to spam unwitting friends? I don't have a NNID...
No strangely an option to straight add people is not there.

I added Merlin on facebook. Twitter is probably the easiest and least public way of adding people if anyone is interested. I think all you need to do if follow someone, the other person doesn't need to follow back unlike facebook.

I do wonder if Nintendo limiting the methods of adding people to those two social networks to encourage people to add friends they otherwise wouldn't have thought to. I imagine a lot of people wouldn't have linked their social media accounts if they weren't the only options.