Dark Souls 3

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: Dark Souls 3

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Small update:

Since the path now splits...
Looted one area, hope I didn't miss all that much but it had a scroll and
Spoiler
The crown of Dusk of Oolacile
I took down one boss, which had Bloodborne written all over, on first try. A new path opened.

On the other route, got summoned and helped a guy clear the area incl. the boss (which is a pushover)
Now I just need to repeat that for myself...

Got a few levels and new equipment, but still using Refined Dark Sword +4 as my main weapon. Though I found a Greatsword that refills FP with each kill and seems mighty nice and the new boss soul weapon got an amazing L1 attack.

Also, since one of the NPCs died and was replaced by another one who left after I pissed her off, I started to buy the stores as empty as possible. This got me two rings (one powers up spells another one muffles sounds) which the sorcerer dude (the one that actually looks human) gave me.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

The paths are unsplit as one turned out to be a required dead end.
EDIT: Welp.... no I discovered another route elsewhere. The required dead end is still the same but another oppertunity has turned up leaving me with two areas to explore.

Otherwise: I helped an NPC, recruited a familliar face to firelink, ran into a couple of other peeps again and found another covenant (now 6)
EDIT: I also just had to kill an NPC who went hollow, I assume.

Killed the pushover boss and a boss that was frankly, the scariest thus far.
Ended up with a 'wow' effect

Kiwi, stil sunbro now with minimum spoilers.
Lvl: 48

Vig 14
Att 14
End 12
Vit 17
Str 19
Dex 23 (boosted)
Int 11
Fai 20
Luc 10

Refined Dark Sword +4, Priest's Chime +3, Spoiler's Holy Sword +2
Dragon Crest Shield, Black Bow of Spoiler +4
Iron Helmet, Drang Armor, Northern Gloves, Herald Trousers
Life Ring, Spoiler's Ring, Coventus Silver Serpent Ring, Spoiler Milkring
Med Heal, Lightning Spear
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I made it out of area 2, which I really liked the aesthetic of. I mentioned in the chat that the scenery really reminds me of Dracula, it's all very unsettling in a good way. I love the castles in the background.

Starting to feel more confident playing, no longer inching forward as slowly as I was before. Just starting the third area, not too bad other than this super aggressive enemy that came out of nowhere. Killed me the first time but I got him the second time.

Currently level 39 or so.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

In the distance, I see them: stalwart champions of structure, of integrity. Of structural integrity.

Behold the flying buttresses of Lothric.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Little update before trip.
Killed Lord of Cinder No.2. An NPC joined me in the fight and died, but it seems that it was the end of the plotline anyway. The boss is also easy to grind.
Killed another boss and now have access to an area that seems to be invader plaza No.2.

Kiwi, stil sunbro now with minimum spoilers and, like, ~40 medals.
Lvl: 65

Vig 20
Att 14
End 18
Vit 20
Str 20
Dex 23 (boosted)
Int 12
Fai 20
Luc 10

Refined Dark Sword +7, Priest's Chime +4, Spoiler's Holy Sword +2
Shield of Want, Black Bow of Spoiler +5
Iron Helmet, Herald Armor, Assassins Gloves, Herald Trousers
Coventus Gold Serpent Ring, Spoiler's Ring, Coventus Silver Serpent Ring, Spoiler Milkring
Med Heal, Deep Protection
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Finally got a chance to play some more today after leaving the game for a couple weeks. Made my way through Cathedral of the Deep, which had some nice twists and turns to it. I thought the boss was surprisingly simple, can't complain about that though!

Still haven't found a weapon better than my Astra Straight Sword which I got in Lotheric. Wouldn't mind trying something else out but most weapons seem to be too weak comparatively, even with reinforcing.

I fell from a high ledge and landed on a stair railing, usually the souls will pop up again where you fell from, not where you landed, but in this case they are on top of the railing. Not sure how I can reach them now since the only way to get on the railing is to fall onto it but it's way too high of a drop to survive. I guess I'll just kiss those 10 000 goodbye!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I beat the boss for
Spoiler
Faron Keep today. Took a few tries but overall wasn't too bad, just had to up my fire absorption for the second half of the battle.
I finally understood dodging today, I see now that you have invincibility frames during certain parts of the roll. Knowing that makes the timing for dodging much easier :P I also took some time to understand scaling damage and other attributes related to weapons. I have some now that can potentially be better than the sword I'm using, but I'll need more materials. Also not sure if the marginally better damage output will be worthwhile considering most of these weapons require much more stamina consumption and time for attacking.

Found some new pyromancy spells today as well which makes me very happy.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Just beat the game! Glad I gave the series a try, this was a great game and the first one to really make me appreciate my PS4. Started NG+, surprised to see pretty much everything carries over?

I also found 55% of the trophies, there are some easy ones left, but I doubt I'll go back to find all the rings, soceries, pyromancies ect. I think I also found all the bosses, possibly missing one (can't tell with hidden trophies).

Anyways, now that this one is done I think I'm going to give Bloodborne a shot. I do want to come back to this one eventually for a NG+ multiplayer semi-speed run.