Interesting video on difference between Zelda 2D and 3D

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Interesting video on difference between Zelda 2D and 3D

Post by SkyPikachu »

Not sure how many of you know about Arin or Sequelitis but I thought this video was pretty cool and fun to watch and made me think a lot about the 2D and 3D Zelda games. This is mainly talking about TLOZ, ALTTP and OOT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Interesting video on difference between Zelda 2D and 3D

Post by The Shoemaker »

That was pretty good, I've seen his videos before and they're pretty interesting. I like how he looks at the difference between the two games, though most of his complaints with OOT come from the fact that it was their first time doing Zelda in 3D and not knowing what worked and what didn't. If the new Zelda is what they say it is I think it might fix everything he finds wrong with OOT.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:That was pretty good, I've seen his videos before and they're pretty interesting. I like how he looks at the difference between the two games, though most of his complaints with OOT come from the fact that it was their first time doing Zelda in 3D and not knowing what worked and what didn't. If the new Zelda is what they say it is I think it might fix everything he finds wrong with OOT.
I get that OoTs is the first 3D game and all but people say it's a masterpiece and the best game ever and he's just proving why it isn't. Yeah it's a huge step forward for 3D gaming but it's not perfect like everyone thinks it is.
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

This video actually talked me outta buying OoT... Thank you video!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

PoisonRamune wrote:This video actually talked me outta buying OoT... Thank you video!
I actually have barely played OoTs because of the boring first our of talking to Zelda. Lost interest way to quickly.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm sure OOT was impressive at the time, I still think it's a good enough game but not the best game ever. My girlfriend got a Wii U and she played through Wind Waker HD and enjoyed it, so I was showing her OOT the other day and boy, is Hyrule Field ever big and empty :p I just wanted to get to Kokori forest and it felt like forever slowly running through that big field.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Slurmee wrote:I get that OoTs is the first 3D game and all but people say it's a masterpiece and the best game ever and he's just proving why it isn't. Yeah it's a huge step forward for 3D gaming but it's not perfect like everyone thinks it is.
No game is ever perfect, but there's a lot of really outstanding games that were made... The point above reminds me of how Final Fantasy VII was (and was in similar reception to this. Both games were a masterpiece at the time of original release, but as time goes on with new generations of system, it gets outdated.