Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 May 2018 13:25
kitroplious wrote: 14 May 2018 04:38
The Shoemaker wrote: 14 May 2018 04:07

It is, We'll see what they add to it.
I want them to remove the voice chat from the app and put it purely on the Nintendo Switch.
This. It's not a question of them adding stuff to it. The best way to bring the app out of beta is to retire the app.

Hell, if it's a true beta test, I hope people are sending in their feedback.
Oh I agree 100%, but I think that's out of the question at this point.

I'm more interested in what they add to the app besides voice chat. More Splatoon-like features for other games like stats, unique items, ect.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Mario Tennis Beta Starts Friday, June 1 at 8am Pacific / 10am Eastern / 3pm UK / Midnight AEST.

Ends Sunday, June 3 at 4 pm Pacific / 7 pm Eastern / Midnight UK / 9am AEST June 4

I believe you can download it now.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Bunch of new Demos out with Sushi Striker and Mario Tennis.

Loved the cutscenes in Sushi Striker but the gameplay was a huge let down in my eyes.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I am running out of space on my current sd card. If I buy a bigger one, do I just archive everything on it and then redownload all the games on the new one? Seems like this will be tedious.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Kreegs wrote: 09 Jul 2018 02:14 I am running out of space on my current sd card. If I buy a bigger one, do I just archive everything on it and then redownload all the games on the new one? Seems like this will be tedious.
I redownloaded everything when I went from a 32 gb to 128 gb. Seemed the quickest route. Never bothered with the archive feature. Just went to the eshop and put what I wanted on
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote: 09 Jul 2018 02:37
Kreegs wrote: 09 Jul 2018 02:14 I am running out of space on my current sd card. If I buy a bigger one, do I just archive everything on it and then redownload all the games on the new one? Seems like this will be tedious.
I redownloaded everything when I went from a 32 gb to 128 gb. Seemed the quickest route. Never bothered with the archive feature. Just went to the eshop and put what I wanted on
Yeah I think if you take out your sd card everything will appear as if it's archived anyways so you can just download everything from the home menu.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

I think the saves are also on the card if you set it to be on the card so you would to copy it all over via a PC.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm actually pretty sure saves are tied directly to the system, not the SD card. That's why people wanted cloud saves so bad because you can't back up your saves manually.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

For anyone wanting to post switch screenshots/videos, I just downloaded an app on Android called Swuppy. It exclusively shows the screenshots/vids you posted to Twitter through switch, and lays them out for you to easily share them or download them. I know on mobile I'm not able to directly share pictures from twitter to here, and downloading videos can be a pain sometimes.

It's a fairly new app, I found it on r/Nintendoswitch. And just because I'm talking about here, here's some random stuff I captured.

My favorite moment from South Park Fractured But Whole

Video from Splatoon 2 where I somehow hold it together and get the last clam to win the match.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/10 ... .mp4?tag=5

Hardest room in Celeste (end game spoilers)
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/10 ... .mp4?tag=5
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

With the latest update you can now log into different Switch's and download/play your digital games. Here's how it works

- The primary console can play digital games online or offline, regardless of what profile is playing a game.

- Once you link an account, the non primary console can play the games from the primary console, but only by playing on the profile that was linked. It also requires an online connection to start playing a game. But, once you've started playing a game you can go offline.

- if the shared account is playing a game on the primary console, the secondary console cannot play a game under the same account. Unless the primary console is playing offline, or the primary console is playing a game under a different profile.

For those looking to share games with their family/partner, the best way to go about it would be to make a Nintendo account that purchases games, and use a separate account to play those games. That way the account that purchased games can be shared to a different switch and both could play any game they want, providing the non-primary system can connect online first before playing a game.