Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kong Wen »

Does anyone have recommendations for a good battery pack grip/case that I could slap on the Switch while playing in handheld mode? I wouldn't mind being able to do two Fire Emblem battles without having to plug the system back in.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 07 Aug 2019 18:36 Does anyone have recommendations for a good battery pack grip/case that I could slap on the Switch while playing in handheld mode? I wouldn't mind being able to do two Fire Emblem battles without having to plug the system back in.
You could always buy the new Switch revision ;)

I don't have a good recommendation. I use a power bank that I just rest beside me if I need to play in handheld longer. I just use the USB C cable that came with the pro controller.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 11 Aug 2019 21:56
Kong Wen wrote: 07 Aug 2019 18:36 Does anyone have recommendations for a good battery pack grip/case that I could slap on the Switch while playing in handheld mode? I wouldn't mind being able to do two Fire Emblem battles without having to plug the system back in.

I don't have a good recommendation. I use a power bank that I just rest beside me if I need to play in handheld longer. I just use the USB C cable that came with the pro controller.
This is actually a great idea. I forgot that cable was USB-C. I have a great power bank I can tap into. Thanks!
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

The Shoemaker wrote: 11 Aug 2019 21:56
Right now if you trade an original Switch at EBGames, the new revision only costs a hundred bucks
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

squishy wrote: 11 Aug 2019 22:51 Right now if you trade an original Switch at EBGames, the new revision only costs a hundred bucks
I don't really feel like giving Nintendo the satisfaction of a hardware unit sale that amounts to me paying $100 for a battery, to be honest. :(
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 11 Aug 2019 23:12
squishy wrote: 11 Aug 2019 22:51 Right now if you trade an original Switch at EBGames, the new revision only costs a hundred bucks
I don't really feel like giving Nintendo the satisfaction of a hardware unit sale that amounts to me paying $100 for a battery, to be honest. :(
Technically is the new processor that's giving you the boost, the batteries identical
Still I can understand why you don't want to trade in for a new system that's practically identical in every other way.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

No way am I getting rid of my launch day Switch for the newer model. I play mostly in docked mode anyway, so it would not really help me in any way. I might consider upgrading to a "pro" model if that ever comes out, but I am fine with what I have at the moment.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I did switch over to the new model (but made a small profit doing so) and it's nice. Mostly nice to have a new Switch without loose joycon and grease stains! It is noticeably quieter, and I made it through long flights without having to worry about charging it
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons