Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kreegs »

I called Nintendo. They sent me a mailing label to send it in and its covered by warrenty! The guy was really nice but he acted like he has never heard this issue before. He also told me some minor bending is normal. Can’t hurt to send it in though. They just send it back if they cant do anything. Once I told him its less streamline putting in the right joy con he was on board. Interesting enough he told me to keep the sd card in there, even though all the save data is on the console itself. Maybe if they give me a new one, they just have to do something to ensure that the card is compatible with a new system.

Regarding the risk of losing save data, they only one that would really bother me is Splatoon, as I already have beaten Breath of the Wild. Had I been like 100 hours in without beating Ganon, I would be mad if it got erased.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 22 Oct 2017 22:29 I called Nintendo. They sent me a mailing label to send it in and its covered by warrenty! The guy was really nice but he acted like he has never heard this issue before. He also told me some minor bending is normal. Can’t hurt to send it in though. They just send it back if they cant do anything. Once I told him its less streamline putting in the right joy con he was on board. Interesting enough he told me to keep the sd card in there, even though all the save data is on the console itself. Maybe if they give me a new one, they just have to do something to ensure that the card is compatible with a new system.

Regarding the risk of losing save data, they only one that would really bother me is Splatoon, as I already have beaten Breath of the Wild. Had I been like 100 hours in without beating Ganon, I would be mad if it got erased.
Yeah I think that's the exact reason, in case they replace your system out right. I've never had a problem with them messing up save data, so hopefully it all works out for You!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I just hope there is actually a defect amd they dont just tell me its fine. Its not super bent, bit it definitely is bent. I dont want the problem to get worse over time, and its still under warrenty.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

It's crazy that your save data is not stored in the cloud. I guess that'll be something that comes when they launch Nintendo online services.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote: 23 Oct 2017 00:51 It's crazy that your save data is not stored in the cloud. I guess that'll be something that comes when they launch Nintendo online services.
Im sure it will at some point. Thr lastest system update (4.0.0) addresses some of the saved data issues. Wish it was on the cloud though. My system functions fine, so there should be no reason for them to lose my data.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 23 Oct 2017 00:26 I just hope there is actually a defect amd they dont just tell me its fine. Its not super bent, bit it definitely is bent. I dont want the problem to get worse over time, and its still under warrenty.
Are they at least fixing the joy con issue at the same time?
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Im not worrying about that, since I was playing with the yellow ones and had the same issue. I think it is more of the location of my console when it is docked and where I am sitting. It is behind the tv in another room.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 23 Oct 2017 15:25 Im not worrying about that, since I was playing with the yellow ones and had the same issue. I think it is more of the location of my console when it is docked and where I am sitting. It is behind the tv in another room.
I guess if it's behind an entire wall it might not have the best signal. Any reason you keep it There? :p
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Tv is above my fireplace on the wall. There is a hole behind the tv that goes to my laundry room. There is a shelf in there behind the tv that houses all my things for the tv. (Cable box, blu ray, video games, wifi). This way there are no wires to be seen coming from my tv at all.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 23 Oct 2017 19:02 Tv is above my fireplace on the wall. There is a hole behind the tv that goes to my laundry room. There is a shelf in there behind the tv that houses all my things for the tv. (Cable box, blu ray, video games, wifi). This way there are no wires to be seen coming from my tv at all.
I'm impressed that your cable box works behind a wall, mine often cuts off just from have a TV table blocking the connection!