Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 28 Jan 2018 20:16 But aren’t they reversed in the bundle?
The Splatoon console bundle and the stand-alone pink/green set are reversed from each other.

As long as you have pink on one side and blue on the other side, it's considered TONe-official. :) :neon:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote: 28 Jan 2018 22:27
The Splatoon console bundle and the stand-alone pink/green set are reversed from each other.

As long as you have pink on one side and blue on the other side, it's considered TONe-official. :) :neon:
Blue? I thought it was yellow on the left and Pink on the right. Like the logo up top there.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kreegs wrote: 28 Jan 2018 23:27

Blue? I thought it was yellow on the left and Pink on the right. Like the logo up top there.
Customize it any way you want! 🙂
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong likes to pretend that yellow and pink aren't the official colors ;)
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Nope, neon pink and neon blue is the official TONe Jo-Co configuration. Yellow would be a good option if the yellow Joy-Cons were neon instead of whatever weird yellow-green colour they ended up being.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nintendo released a prospective calendar for 2018 games as part of their financial earnings. It's not great.

This may not be all the games they have in store. It's possible that in a future Direct or/and at E3 they will reveal more. If they are really planning Fire Emblem in 2018 and are attempting to have Pokemon and Metroid out by the end of the year, they will 100% be present at E3. There is no way that they could be that far along in development and not want to show it off at that time.

If this is all they have in store though, it's not very impressive. Most of these are ports and they seem to be under the impression that the ports and release of Labo will be enough to satiate Switch owners in lieu of actual new content. There are going to be other third party games out in the year, but this doesn't seem like it will be as good of a year as 2017 after all. I was surprised as I thought they were going to top it.

Some people have commented on Nintendo employing a "one big game a month" strategy. If that is the case, I'm going to have to double down on my hatred and criticism of the Labo from before. It seems like they are treating it as if it was a substitute for a major video game, rather than as an additional gimmick to sell to hobbyists.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

In regards to April, I'm sure it will also be Mario tennis or hyrule warriors alongside Labo.

This is a look at the first 6 months. We're not getting Metroid or Bayonetta 3 this year, they would say 2018 otherwise.

As for June and onwards, we know of Yoshi and Fire Emblem. If they plan on releasing Pokemon as their big fall title, I would realistically only expect 3 or so game announcements for the remainder of the year, and my bet is one of those games will be a Mario party esc game, wouldn't be surprised to see another port as well.

I didn't think 2018 would top 2017, but I did expect more from the first half. Because even if at this point the second half is great, that's still 6 months of pretty low key releases, coming from someone who owned a Wii U anyways.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Cyberconnect 2 is developing some strange EDGY games for Switch (and probably other consoles).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... ndo_switch
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nintendo's E3 lineup may have been leaked. The leaker was a person who correctly named a bunch of games that Nintendo was set to release in 2017, including Super Mario Odyssey (before any info about Super Mario Odyssey had been revealed).

-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon (two versions)
-Bayonetta 3
-Pikmin 4
-Skyward Sword HD
-Super Mario MAker 2
-Smash Bros: He specifically calls this a version of the Wii U/3DS Smash Bros. games with all DLC included and some new content; this seems more like an upgraded port than a new SB game.
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Wario Ware Surprise! (that's the name)
-a new Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem 16?
-Yoshi
-Mario Party 11
-A new horror game developed by Retro?!

interesting list if true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4SBRFLSfuY
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Oh man if we get Pikmin 4 and Luigi’s Mansion 3....

Two franchises I really enjoy!!!
I intend to live forever, or die trying