Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kong Wen »

That's a pretty good lineup. One thing that's guaranteed is that Nintendo will be padding their lineup of new games with HD ports of games that were previously buried on the embarrassing Wii U. It's also obvious that the next Smash game we see will be a port of Smash For. There's no way they develop a whole new Smash game without getting the last one into more hands.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Jordan wrote: 04 Feb 2018 08:10 Nintendo's E3 lineup may have been leaked. The leaker was a person who correctly named a bunch of games that Nintendo was set to release in 2017, including Super Mario Odyssey (before any info about Super Mario Odyssey had been revealed).

-Metroid Prime 4
-Pokemon (two versions)
-Bayonetta 3
-Pikmin 4
-Skyward Sword HD
-Super Mario MAker 2
-Smash Bros: He specifically calls this a version of the Wii U/3DS Smash Bros. games with all DLC included and some new content; this seems more like an upgraded port than a new SB game.
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Wario Ware Surprise! (that's the name)
-a new Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem 16?
-Yoshi
-Mario Party 11
-A new horror game developed by Retro?!

interesting list if true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4SBRFLSfuY
Doesn't include F-Zero, so I'd say this list is 100% plausible.
Kong Wen wrote: 05 Feb 2018 14:18 That's a pretty good lineup. One thing that's guaranteed is that Nintendo will be padding their lineup of new games with HD ports of games that were previously buried on the embarrassing Wii U. It's also obvious that the next Smash game we see will be a port of Smash For. There's no way they develop a whole new Smash game without getting the last one into more hands.
I think that would be super garbage, but that's also because I think the next Smash should be directed by someone other than Sakurai and actually feature a return to Melee's mechanics. I do, however, fully recognize that porting 4 would be 🆓 💰.

Also, not releasing a GameCube adapter would be a huge miss. But there was a period of time (since patched out, I believe) where a GameCube controller plugged into the Switch via the Wii U adapter would pair with the device. So the writing is on the wall there for either Smash support or GCN VC.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 08 Feb 2018 19:17 I think that would be super garbage—
I agree.
Claytone wrote: 08 Feb 2018 19:17 Also, not releasing a GameCube adapter would be a huge miss. But there was a period of time (since patched out, I believe) where a GameCube controller plugged into the Switch via the Wii U adapter would pair with the device. So the writing is on the wall there for either Smash support or GCN VC.
Exhibit of Awesomeness A:

Exhibit of Awesomeness B:

• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Either way if there's a smash coming I don't think Sakurai is involved as it seems like he's been working on a new project. Though if it's just a port he could be splitting his time between the two. I'm totally fine with having a game without him though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Feb 2018 19:29
Exhibit of Awesomeness A:

[...]

Exhibit of Awesomeness B:

[...]
Those are cool and all, and I'd like them for single player GameCube VC, but the competitive community will raise hell about not having a wired controller for Smash.

And again, adapter support has clearly already been worked on (you can easily Google videos of it working), so it's only a matter of producing some new SKUs with the Switch logo instead of the Wii U logo.
The Shoemaker wrote: 08 Feb 2018 19:43 Either way if there's a smash coming I don't think Sakurai is involved as it seems like he's been working on a new project. Though if it's just a port he could be splitting his time between the two. I'm totally fine with having a game without him though.
Yeah. Sakurai is an outstanding developer and designer, he's just wrong for Smash. He is openly antagonistic toward what made Melee great (ie, sharper, more offense-oriented mechanics, higher skill ceiling, etc.). He's never made a bad game, and I look forward to seeing his non-Smash projects, but much like George Lucas was bad for Star Wars in the long term (despite being its creator), so too is Sakurai IMO.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I mean, I don't think sakurai is bad for smash, definitely not George Lucas level, but I'm open to someone else taking the reins. I feel like sakurai needs to stop for his health :p But I also wouldn't mind seeing how someone else handles the series.

I don't think we need melee 2, but I'm open to something more technical and offensive focused. With that said, I like how smash is now, and I don't like how melee feels. But I would adapt.

Also, no doubt GameCube controllers will work on new smash. But I do wonder, will there ever be a point where we just let the controller go?
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Whatever they do should involve just copying Project M's Ganondorf completely.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote: 08 Feb 2018 21:14 Whatever they do should involve just copying Project M's Ganondorf completely.
At the very least current dorf has to go.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Those JoyCon could be wired for competitive play. Can’t you just plug them into the USB on the dock like you can with the pro controller?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 10 Feb 2018 16:09 Those JoyCon could be wired for competitive play. Can’t you just plug them into the USB on the dock like you can with the pro controller?
I don't see anyone releasing wired joycons. Wired pro controllers already exist though.