Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote: 02 Mar 2018 20:54 I think there's hope that it's a bug, and it's just not differentiating March 2017 from March 2018. So hopefully in 10 days it will go back to normal and show your regular play time again.
I don’t know... it might be only 1 year recent activity. I hope I’m wrong.

UPDATE: It was clearly a glitch, but Nintendo is apparently looking into fixing that. It seems the play activity is not supposed to be limited in time either.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ninten ... -reset-bug
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

With the latest system update, dont forget to plug in your joycons and update them all as well! Its in the settings menu under controllers.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 20 Mar 2018 00:14 With the latest system update, dont forget to plug in your joycons and update them all as well! Its in the settings menu under controllers.
Might fix some connectivity issues in some cases.

I recently applied a tempered glass screen protector to my switch. I was slightly off in my placement, but it doesn't look bad. In general the screen protector is mostly unnoticeable, so it feels like a good purchase.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

A first of its kind, Hori announces a left joy con with a D pad instead of buttons.

https://mobile.twitter.com/famitsu/stat ... 6143979520

Interesting to note it has no HD rumble, no gyro controls, and is handheld only. I imagine it would be pretty cheap considering what it's lacking.

I also wonder if motion controls would still work in most games, as it's always the right joy con that's used for motion.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Nintendo sales on for EU/AU however the Switch e-shop only shows 100 titles in the current offer section so a lot of titles aren't being shown.

I can't even believe this is a thing and how behind Nintendo is in simple things. Imagine being a dev and putting your game on sale to find out it's not being placed in the sale section.

Just another thing to add to the switch that the Wii U simply does better.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 22 Mar 2018 23:51 A first of its kind, Hori announces a left joy con with a D pad instead of buttons.

Interesting to note it has no HD rumble, no gyro controls, and is handheld only. I imagine it would be pretty cheap considering what it's lacking.

I also wonder if motion controls would still work in most games, as it's always the right joy con that's used for motion.
Both BOTW & Splatoon 2 uses right joy-con for the motion controls so those games should be ok.

With a couple of the tilt marble puzzles I found that I needed to separate the right joy-con to gain better control.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote: 23 Mar 2018 07:24
The Shoemaker wrote: 22 Mar 2018 23:51 A first of its kind, Hori announces a left joy con with a D pad instead of buttons.

Both BOTW & Splatoon 2 uses right joy-con for the motion controls so those games should be ok.

With a couple of the tilt marble puzzles I found that I needed to separate the right joy-con to gain better control.
That's what I noticed as well, so I'm curious if all the work was being done by the right joy con or if the left one was still necessary in some way.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 23 Mar 2018 14:15
kawaiipikachu wrote: 23 Mar 2018 07:24

That's what I noticed as well, so I'm curious if all the work was being done by the right joy con or if the left one was still necessary in some way.
Pretty much the left joy-con left pretty much redundant in both games, You only need one gyroscope for weapons aiming & one accelerometer for the marble maze. So in both games I mentioned both games would work fine with Hori's joy-con .
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Nintendo is releasing their own "fixed" dock/charger to replace the third-party ones that were bricking people's consoles (which were themselves necessitated by Nintendo's original awful design on the bundled dock).

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 2368542720

This is one example of Nintendo slowly making an effort to improve the incomplete, user-unfriendly console they rushed out the door at launch. Hope to see more of this kind of thing.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 10 May 2018 13:52 Nintendo is releasing their own "fixed" dock/charger to replace the third-party ones that were bricking people's consoles (which were themselves necessitated by Nintendo's original awful design on the bundled dock).

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 2368542720

This is one example of Nintendo slowly making an effort to improve the incomplete, user-unfriendly console they rushed out the door at launch. Hope to see more of this kind of thing.
Important to note its just a charging stand (as far as I'm aware) not a dock that will display to a TV. Third party docks cause issues, so unfortunately there still isn't a good alternative to the official dock.

But, this is a inexpensive, reliable charging stand, so that's good.