Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 10 May 2018 23:37
Kong Wen wrote: 10 May 2018 13:52 Nintendo is releasing their own "fixed" dock/charger to replace the third-party ones that were bricking people's consoles (which were themselves necessitated by Nintendo's original awful design on the bundled dock).

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 2368542720

This is one example of Nintendo slowly making an effort to improve the incomplete, user-unfriendly console they rushed out the door at launch. Hope to see more of this kind of thing.
Important to note its just a charging stand (as far as I'm aware) not a dock that will display to a TV. Third party docks cause issues, so unfortunately there still isn't a good alternative to the official dock.

But, this is a inexpensive, reliable charging stand, so that's good.
It is only a changing stand for desktop mode only, no tv or at all.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

That's fine, nothing wrong with the official dock. The whole reason anyone invented alternatives is because you couldn't plug your console in and charge it while playing oat and aboat.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 10 May 2018 13:52 Nintendo is releasing their own "fixed" dock/charger to replace the third-party ones that were bricking people's consoles (which were themselves necessitated by Nintendo's original awful design on the bundled dock).

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 2368542720

This is one example of Nintendo slowly making an effort to improve the incomplete, user-unfriendly console they rushed out the door at launch. Hope to see more of this kind of thing.
Bothers me a lot that the switch is doing well and Nintendo isn't making a good effort to improve it. It feels like they're just happy making money with less effort then actually trying to make a fantastic console. It's really sad.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

To be fair, they fixed the controllers (JoyCon disconnects and ProCon d-pad issues), released this portable stand/charger, and have at least released some details about their online service. They have a lot of launch problems to circle back to (including their atrocious party chat app) but they are slowly, slowly improving.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I still don't feel like the joy con issues are fully fixed. Even after Nintendo fixed mine they are still the least reliable controllers I've ever owned. Like if I tried to block the signal I could, while I can't do that with the pro controller or other wireless controllers. My girlfriend also brought a switch in December and her joy cons aren't perfect connectivity wise, but better than launch ones.

Things are better, but there's still a surprising amount that hasn't been fully fixed or improved on, and it's even more noticeable this year with the slower release schedule.

If they are sticking to the app, hopefully they at least add more features to it to make it more worthwhile.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 11 May 2018 13:25 To be fair, they fixed the controllers (JoyCon disconnects and ProCon d-pad issues), released this portable stand/charger, and have at least released some details about their online service. They have a lot of launch problems to circle back to (including their atrocious party chat app) but they are slowly, slowly improving.
Joy-con issue had to be fixed they couldn't really keep selling the system that was literally faulty.

Portable Stand is just an accessory while I admit it's good isn't that big of a deal.

They had to announce something about Online sooner or later if they wanted to charge us $20 so that felt like a given.

The problem seems to be all the optional stuff that consoles have had for a decade that they refuse to add and the confusing state of VC.

Just feels like a bare minimum effort.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Isn’t the app still technically in the beta phase?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 14 May 2018 01:36 Isn’t the app still technically in the beta phase?
It is, We'll see what they add to it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 May 2018 04:07
Kreegs wrote: 14 May 2018 01:36 Isn’t the app still technically in the beta phase?
I want them to remove the voice chat from the app and put it purely on the Nintendo Switch.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote: 14 May 2018 04:38
The Shoemaker wrote: 14 May 2018 04:07
I want them to remove the voice chat from the app and put it purely on the Nintendo Switch.
This. It's not a question of them adding stuff to it. The best way to bring the app out of beta is to retire the app.

Hell, if it's a true beta test, I hope people are sending in their feedback.