Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote: 03 Nov 2017 14:16
Kreegs wrote: 03 Nov 2017 13:59 Switch is on it’s way home! They didnt mention what needed to be done. It was only in their repair shop for less than a day.
And now it's in a garbage can. Enjoy your brand new replacement Switch!
That would be alright with me!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Xenoblade 2 is looking great to me. They showed off a direct today which, while very scripted, imo did a good job selling the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

I have a lot more confidence now that this game will retain what made the other Xenoblade games great while simultaneously expanding upon their concepts. The exploration and battles both look solid.

My only gripe is that the season pass and DLC seems a bit greedy. But based on what they've shown so far, I am pretty sure the vanilla game will not lack for content.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

My Switch has returned. It doesn’t look much different, but they said they replaced something. After reading about this problem online, it sounds like some of the early units are not venting like they should which is causing them to heat more and bent around the exhaust pipe. I am assuming this is what they fixed. All my save data is intact, so now it’s on to play Mario Odyssey!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote: 08 Nov 2017 00:43 Xenoblade 2 is looking great to me. They showed off a direct today which, while very scripted, imo did a good job selling the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

I have a lot more confidence now that this game will retain what made the other Xenoblade games great while simultaneously expanding upon their concepts. The exploration and battles both look solid.

My only gripe is that the season pass and DLC seems a bit greedy. But based on what they've shown so far, I am pretty sure the vanilla game will not lack for content.
I actually didn't watch this Direct, figured I was already going to get it so I may as well go in as blind as I can. Glad to hear it was a good showing though.

Considering the main DLC will be coming out fall 2019, I probably won't bother with it until around then, if I am interested at all.
Kreegs wrote: 08 Nov 2017 01:47 My Switch has returned. It doesn’t look much different, but they said they replaced something. After reading about this problem online, it sounds like some of the early units are not venting like they should which is causing them to heat more and bent around the exhaust pipe. I am assuming this is what they fixed. All my save data is intact, so now it’s on to play Mario Odyssey!
So does it look less bent now? About the same?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

It looks slightly less bent. Right joycon slides in much nicer. Its looking pretty fresh with thr blue and yellow joycons!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 10 Nov 2017 00:33 It looks slightly less bent. Right joycon slides in much nicer. Its looking pretty fresh with thr blue and yellow joycons!
Swedish Switch!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Love the Swedes! One of my fatherlands.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Switch is going to do Wii-level sales this winter holiday, mark my words. With games like DOOM coming to the platform, it's looking more and more like it won't fall into the third-party deathtrap that plagued the Wii, too.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 Nov 2017 15:33 Switch is going to do Wii-level sales this winter holiday, mark my words. With games like DOOM coming to the platform, it's looking more and more like it won't fall into the third-party deathtrap that plagued the Wii, too.
Apparently Nintendo's preparing to ship 25-30 million units next fiscal year, which I think sounds ridiculous, but maybe they can do It.

I'm hoping to grab DOOM on Switch at some point, but not at full price. Might wait for Skyrim to go down as well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Switch is doing way better than I expected but I still think it is fragile. The sooner they kill the 3DS, the better imo. If 2018 sees Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem and Pokemon, they will have a big leg up. However, it's also going to need some third party offerings. The future looks promising as far as that goes. I've heard some people say that Nintendo is expecting the best 3rd party support it has had since the SNES. Bamco for instance announced that it would release three exclusive titles for the Switch, with other companies announcing ports or saying "we won't rule out anything." It's likely we'll see a bunch of titles from companies like Square-Enix and KOEI-Tecmo. Capcom is the odd man out as they continue to seem ambivalent about the platform.

The early risk-takers on the platform have seen a pretty big windfall. Some people in the industry have said that the Switch digital sales benefit from factors such as the platform's portability, its relative lack of competition (compared to Steam for instance) and the selective encouragement of indie titles by Nintendo. Stardew Valley did very well for example.

On a personal level, I've actually never docked the Switch. I play it entirely in portable mode and use it entirely as a portable system. That said, I've played it quite a bit when I don't have the option to play on PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... than-on-tv

It seems that I'm not the only person in this category. The Switch owes much of its success to its portability. Hopefully Nintendo understands that.