Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by The Shoemaker »

I agree, switch is a great expansion of what the Wii u should have been. I also play 80-90% handheld. It's just really nice to be able to pick it up and play where where, and unlike the Wii U, getting to the games is quick. System menu doesn't take any time at all to load, games boot up quickly, and the suspend feature helps a lot.

I'm hoping to play Xenoblade this year, it's hard finding the time for these huge time sinks. I'm thinking of picking up Skyrim on Switch as well so I'll have to decide which game I want to focus on first.

Fire Emblem Warriors I think I'll hold off on. I was hoping the DLC would expand the roster, but it's just more awakening, fates and Shadow Dragon. I want to get it sometime, but with Mario odyssey coming out a week later, I can wait.

Nintendo will have a direct this November/December detailing a lot of what's coming next year. We've got Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensai, No more Heroes, Octopath Travellor for sure coming next year. I don't think we'll see Metroid or Pokemon. I don't think there will be a drought, but we'll see. Considering the release rate so far, I can only imagine they have plenty more to show.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I hope Atlus shows off more of the SMT game. The original trailer for that was incredibly vague. In fact, I forgot all about it until a couple of days ago. I get the feeling it isn't exclusive to the Switch, but I don't have a PS4 so I'd be happy to pick it up. I really enjoyed SMT4 and SMT4A.

For whatever reason, I have a hard time getting excited for Yoshi or Kirby anymore. I get the feeling an actual new Fire Emblem game is a long ways off as well. A new FE would really ignite my interest though. I remember being super hyped for Awakening and Fates before they were launched.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote: 14 Oct 2017 08:44 I hope Atlus shows off more of the SMT game. The original trailer for that was incredibly vague. In fact, I forgot all about it until a couple of days ago. I get the feeling it isn't exclusive to the Switch, but I don't have a PS4 so I'd be happy to pick it up. I really enjoyed SMT4 and SMT4A.

For whatever reason, I have a hard time getting excited for Yoshi or Kirby anymore. I get the feeling an actual new Fire Emblem game is a long ways off as well. A new FE would really ignite my interest though. I remember being super hyped for Awakening and Fates before they were launched.
I always find Yoshi and Kirby to be good fun. I'm more interested in Kirby this time around because I'm excited to have more of a classic co-op game to play on Switch. Most of the multiplayer games right now are competitive in some way.

I believe Fates came out in 2015 in Japan, and they actually only announced that game maybe 4 months before it launched? I can see us getting fire emblem in 2018 now. But who knows, we haven't seen any footage of it yet.

RPGs like SMT are perfect for portable play, so I'd grab it on Switch as well, but I'm pretty sure it will be multiplatform.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Switch got a little update today
- hold the capture button to save the previous 30 seconds of gameplay, which can then be edited.
- User profile/save data can be transferred to a separate switch.
- Pre load titles on the eshop
- new profile icons
- play log now shows 1 and 2 hour increments for games

I imagine the record feature will be a great fit for Odyssey coming up.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Anyone buy any physical games that you wish you had digitally instead? Or vice versa?

For me, I wish I had Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 digitally. Just because the gameplay is short and sometimes I feel like just a few matches. If only Amazon didnt offer physical copies at 20 percent off for Prime members.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I haven’t yet gotten any physical titles that I wished I had got digitally yet, though I wish Mighty Gunvolt Burst was physical (as part of a collection), and Blaster Master Zero. What’s amazing is how many of those physical games I bought recycled. Before Super Mario Odyssey, I had all other Nintendo-published games in this condition.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've gotten all physical games unless they're only available digitally.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I definitely wish I had gotten Splatoon digital, but I also love the box.

I'm currently debating whether to go digital on Mario odyssey or not. It was getting to be a bit much when I was swapping between Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario rabbids carts.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I should mention that I do love the boxes.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote: 20 Oct 2017 18:51 I definitely wish I had gotten Splatoon digital, but I also love the box.

I'm currently debating whether to go digital on Mario odyssey or not. It was getting to be a bit much when I was swapping between Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario rabbids carts.
Yeah, I liked the box from Splatoon 2, but I rarely played it. As for Super Mario Odyssey, I’m definitely picking up the hard copy next Friday.