Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo NX

Post by The Shoemaker »

VictorViper wrote:I can't tell if you're joking or if you just went full skttr on us...
My guess is full skttr.

I will say that I'm hoping the absence of games in 2016 and most of 2015 is a direct result of them focusing heavily on getting games ready for NX launch. Can't have another console that has a few games at launch and then nothing for 9 months.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Consider I have no need for the NX I'll have to do the 5 game rule with it before buying it. (Wait until 5 games are released that I want)
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kreegs wrote:We know exactly what it is! I have no idea what you are talking about.

The NX is an exciting new experience from Nintendo. It will be something innovative, different, and fun. Families will be able to use this, as well as singles and adults. This thrilling new concept will be different from it's competitors, but similar enough to provide a sense of familiarity. It will be the classic Nintendo you know, with an exciting new twist. Nintendo NX.
Makes sense.

No doubt there will be a New Super Mario Bros. NX title or Super Mario NX World or Mario Party NX or even MK9, but those will not make me want a NX (they're just nice to have). A new (and good) Metroid title would be more persuasive.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

There's gotta be something that surprises me like Splatoon did. A new 3D mario that feels new would be good too non of this rehashing old ideas eg Super Mario 3D World being to similar to 3D Land on 3DS. Also if I can't access the virtual console games that I bought on my Wii u from my 3ds I'm gonna be less likely to buy it.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I can't tell if you're joking or if you just went full skttr on us...
I'm assuming he's ironically quoting some official Nintendo ad copy.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I stopped buying virtual console games due to a lack of cross buy, so I certainly hope they figure that out.

Considering we just got Super Mario Maker, and it's supposedly coming to NX as well, I suspect they'll wait on making another 2D Mario. 3D Mario team have been working on something since 2013 so hopefully we see something soon.

I definitely agree with you guys that they need new IP's and entries in other franchises like Metroid, F-Zero ect for this thing to take off. Relying on the same safe franchises on Wii U didn't work.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Total joke. Haha :lol:
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I hope they make the controller look like a dildo so families, singles and adults can all really enjoy it.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Jordan wrote:I hope they make the controller look like a dildo so families, singles and adults can all really enjoy it.
:shock: WTF :shock:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Slurmee wrote:
Jordan wrote:I hope they make the controller look like a dildo so families, singles and adults can all really enjoy it.
:shock: WTF :shock:
I was deliberately mimicking Kreeg's earlier joke phrasing.

I like the idea of Nintendo advertising that to families though.