What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Have been playing (and still play) A Robot Named Fight. Random generated levels make it a 'new' experience each playthrough. They even added new level parts and 'beasts' to the mix that are quite challenging.

Also trying to do the daily challenge of Velocity 2X (always end up 1st place among friends :P), but the time spent on it doesn't even register on the Switch app.

Haven't gotten around to playing more recent downloads lately.
Grt. Merlin

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’m still working on Tales of Graces f to get platinum. I beat Castlevania and decided to do those that I have left in chronological order so I just started Dracula’s Curse. Finally, I also started Final Fantasy VI, which I’ll be playing off and on but hopefully not for 8 years like I did FFV! Then I’ve got Spider-Man going on and the ever-present Capcom Beat em ups.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've got a few games on a very light rotation right now:
  • Beat Sabre - I play a couple Expert Mode stages each night, trying to improve my skills and eventually be able to get Full Combos and S-Ranks. Clearing Expert Mode and completing the grind trophies (24 hours, 100,000,000 points) are all I have left for the Platinum.
  • Everybody's Golf - Just casually playing a 9-hole round here and there to slowly unlock stuff and eventually get better. This is just a relaxing VR game for when my shoulders are too tired to play Beat Saber.
  • Tetris Effect - My "sitting down" VR game of choice right now. The SS-Rank grind is absolutely bananas in this one, so I have no intention of ever completing it. But I do play through an Effect Mode or two each session. I also plan to start working on one Advanced/Expert Journey Mode sequence per session as well.
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - This game has some design decisions that bother me, but the gameplay is fun. I'm making very slow progress on this, really only sitting down to it when I'm too tired of wearing the VR helmet. Still, it's probably my main "real game" right now.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Did you ever continue with Bloodstained, Kong? I have it via GamePass, not sure if it will be my next game though.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes Of An Elusive Age Definitive Edition - Hell of a title. Fun game so far, very dragon quest, as expected. The game looks good on Switch, thought noticeably 720p. Can only imagine how nice this art style would look on a good PC. The game feels like a good follow up to DQVIII so far, building on a lot of what that game had. Honestly I wish the series would break the silent protagonist trope, but once you get a full party your silent character isn't as distracting.

Ultimate Alliance 3 - Gave this game a few tries, but honestly I'm not motivated to continue with it. Fun in local multiplayer, but as far as single player goes there are a lot of better games I could be playing.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Finished classic mode with all characters, been slowly working away at it. I acquired all the spirits including all the new ones they've been adding. I wish I could tell which spirits aren't in my inventory anymore though, apparently some can only be found in world of light, half contemplating playing through it again to get back the spirits I had to sell.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Sep 2019 03:49 Did you ever continue with Bloodstained, Kong? I have it via GamePass, not sure if it will be my next game though.
I put it on hold for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I then put on hold while I waited for my split grip to split ship. While I was looking for a filler game to waste some weekend time in the meantime, it floated back to the top of the backlog candidates list. I was really enjoying it, so I'll get back to it sooner rather than later.

After beating Hellblade today, this is the roster:

Main:
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - I'm in the middle of my second of four plays-through, and my split grip pro should be delivered today, so I'll be able to get back to this.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) - After my current FE game, I'll tackle this one before starting up my third run at FE.
Simmering:
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) - I just got the double-jump so things are picking up; eager to get back into it.
  • Spider-Man (PS4)
  • The Surge (PS4) - futuristic Souls-like from the people who made Lords of the Fallen.
Mobile:
  • Fire Emblem Heroes - Always.
  • Pokémon Go - Going into a winter lull again.
  • Langrisser - Picked this up because of brotherly interest, but it's pretty flawed.
  • The Powerpuff Girls: Monkey Mania - licensed Burrito Bison clone by the team who made Burrito Bison.
  • Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls - weird mobile action-platformer with gacha mechanics... still getting a feel for the controls.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

One Piece: World Seeker - rented it from the library and I'm loving it. Really charming game with great visuals. It's not a fantastic game or anything but it doesn't have to be. I've only ever watched 1 episode of one piece.

Pokémon Black - Still slowly playing through this the story is really interesting and it's nice having all new pokemon instead of a bunch of gen 1 pokemon everywhere like I'm all the other games.

On hold
Luigis Mansion - I'll get back to this after One Piece (since I only have it for a few weeks) nonetheless the inverted controls are a pain but otherwise its really interesting concept.

Beyond good & evil HD - I honestly don't know if I can be bothered to finish this one I dislike the combat and the game hasn't really hooked me however the puzzles are interesting as is the story.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’ve been playing the heck out of Sword of Vermilion today. I’ve also been chipping away pretty aggressively at Uncharted 1 and chipping away at DQXI (though more slowly....just savoring the game and I suspect it’s a long one and I’m approaching it like a marathon not a race).
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 13 Jul 2019 04:18
[*]Tetris Effect - My "sitting down" VR game of choice right now. The SS-Rank grind is absolutely bananas in this one, so I have no intention of ever completing it. But I do play through an Effect Mode or two each session. I also plan to start working on one Advanced/Expert Journey Mode sequence per session as well.
This is quite an old post, but how does Tetris Effect in VR compare to the TV experience? Been wondering.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 23 Apr 2020 05:34
Kong Wen wrote: 13 Jul 2019 04:18
[*]Tetris Effect - My "sitting down" VR game of choice right now. The SS-Rank grind is absolutely bananas in this one, so I have no intention of ever completing it. But I do play through an Effect Mode or two each session. I also plan to start working on one Advanced/Expert Journey Mode sequence per session as well.
This is quite an old post, but how does Tetris Effect in VR compare to the TV experience? Been wondering.
It's not like Tetris is really an "immersive" thing, like you're not looking around to see what's going on. The flat experience is fine, but the VR experience does give you nice 3D effects. So the Tetris part is still Tetris, but all the flashy background stuff the game does is a lot more flashy and sensory. I prefer to play it in VR.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The last couple weeks I've been busy so I've really only been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons! Currently overwhelmed as to how I'm going to arrange my town.

I have to get back to Fire Emblem Three Houses at some point, only two chapters left on my Golden Deer run. I think next time I'll attempt Maddening/casual run.

I also started Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on Switch. I've played it before, but after playing the first few levels I'm reminding of how good it feels to play the game. Very tactile.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons