What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Niahak

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote:Good man! It's funny, I've played through that game an uncountable number of times, and I've approached that fight in a different way almost every time. I can distinctly remember my Lancer, Monk, Squire, and Chemist runs. I also remember my brother getting to that fight—he had a bad habit of only using a single save file—and he kind of screwed himself into a corner. He worked it out, and he needed a miracle scenario where he had to get a critical hit and Velius had to miss at least once (maybe twice!) in order to get through. He stuck it out rather than start over... but then he was out of the frying pan and into the fire with the fight on the rooftop! :lol:
Ooh, Lancer might make for an interesting run. And Chemist must have been a little rough (if you could keep your distance and snipe him, might not be so bad). The first part (one-on-one) is the tough one for me. The first attempt, I needed to hit with every attack (at 77% chance) and he had to miss with at least one counter.

I think the biggest issue for me was I hadn't quite maxed out Ramza's Brave, but I should probably level to 40 or so just to be safe.

One thing I had heard about but never actually done anything with is that your stats increase differently if you level different classes. I looked into it a bit and have been leveling Agrias up as a NInja... it makes her quite a bit more useful when she doesn't go last in every fight.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've made a little bit of progress in Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, the two games are starting to merge a little more. The medievil setting actually makes it very interesting for the Phoenix sections as you have to form a new type of logic.

Still playing Picross e6 here and there, only 3 puzzles left in the main Picross section.

Starting playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate again which I've been devoting most of my time to. Been dabbling with some new weapons and trying to finish up some spare quests. Also made a new Akantor Armor set.

I also downloaded Mega Man Legacy Collection yesterday as it was on sale. Been playing through Mega Man 1. The frame rate is a little rough here and there, but it's pretty good. I'm at Wily's Castle now, the stages are a little easier than what I thought they would be!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

I also went for Picross e6
And riding the confidence boost given by my recent success in Doom, I'm playing Xonotic. Mostly trying to get the feeling of the maps, I only played 3 games online recently. Lost all 3, but didn't get owned.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Currently playing Renowned Explorers. It's a pretty comical game with some neat characters, though it's a little bit short on content.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I got kind of worn out with Renowned Explorers and Rabi-Ribi so I decided to impulsively buy Heroes of Might & Magic V. I'm doing the tutorial levels so far. I have not played any other games in this series, but I heard it is a beloved franchise and I always wanted to give it a try. So far I find the game pretty fun.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

I got tired of strategy games that never actually end, so I booted up Aerobiz Supersonic on my SNES. I played the original Aerobiz heavily but only had tried Supersonic once or twice.

It's hard to compare the two - I think the original's a bit more pure, while Supersonic adds a few interesting wrinkles (making advertising more useful/necessary, adding inter-country relationships modifying negotiations and purchases, and of course four scenarios rather than two). I do prefer the original's music, although it's probably as much nostalgia as anything else!

Until your profits really get going, it's hard to stay interested in Supersonic. Maybe I was a little too nice with the pricing on my international routes early on, but I wasn't making enough money to open new routes for awhile (at least until I found out Airbus planes were much cheaper relatively than Boeing, since I started in Europe).

I think this leaves the only big unexplored Koei SNES territory as P.T.O./P.T.O.2 for me - it sounds as overwhelming as a Paradox game, and pretty expensive to boot, so I'm sure I'll be holding off for awhile. There are a couple other Koei games unreleased here (I have a copy of some generic looking business management game), but they're hard enough to learn in English...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Little bit of progress here

I beat Mega Man 1, 2 and 3, now I'm working on number 4. Seems to have upped the challenge a bit, but may be due to the fact that I haven't figured out the bosses weaknesses yet!

Beat LittleBigPlanet 3 today. I really enjoyed the first game, thought the second was good as well but didn't play it as much. This one was the worst I'd say. It added some good gameplay elements but the main campaign was shorter than ever and you barely ever use the new characters. Also, every level has cut scenes and talking characters, it becomes more annoying than charming.

Started playing a bit of Stretchmo again, one of the Pushmo sequels. I do really like this one. I'm about half way through the 4th area, and once I finish this I'll unlock the final special area.

Played a tiny bit of Dark Souls 3, enough to finish the boss I was working on:
Spoiler
the dancer.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Spoiler
the dancer.
Things are about to get real ugly.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

VictorViper wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Spoiler
the dancer.
Things are about to get real ugly.
Oh boy. Haven't played too much further but its been pretty intense so far. I also noticed I completely skipped an area, the one right before
Spoiler
the Catacombs boss
. Not sure if I want to go back and clear that or come back to it on another play through.

Been playing a lot of InFamous Second Son for the past week or so, which I got on sale during E3. I've now gotten platinum on the game, it was fun. Surprised how much it feels like InFamous 2.5 though, I was expecting a bit of a greater change to the formula. With that said the story was enjoyable and it ends up being a nice tight medium length package.

Mega Man 4 - Finished it today. It's hard to compare it to the other games as they all blend into one, but the mega buster was a great addition just like the slide from Mega Man 3. I thought it was a bit easy, but still good.

Professor Layton vs. Pheonix Wright: Tiny bit more progress, did a couple more puzzles. Slow steady progress.

Epic Mickey - Been working on this with my girlfriend for the past 2 years and finally finished it. I've always liked this style of game, just classic platforming-adventure. It has some control issues here and there, and a bit of an unforgiving respawn system. Might pick up the sequel to play together, but haven't heard encouraging things about it.

BoxBoy! - After watching E3 I went and opened this one up again on 3DS. Simple fun puzzle game that's not too too difficult. I had a few bonus levels left over I did, might just go back to complete them all.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Been playing a lot of InFamous Second Son for the past week or so, which I got on sale during E3. I've now gotten platinum on the game, it was fun. Surprised how much it feels like InFamous 2.5 though, I was expecting a bit of a greater change to the formula. With that said the story was enjoyable and it ends up being a nice tight medium length package.
Have you played/seen First Light? Now that you've aced Second Son, this one might be right up your alley. I got it when it was cheap as dirt (maybe even PS+ free?) a few months ago, so it probably gets a good discount every now and then.

I've just dipped into Life is Strange, which is a critically acclaimed point & click adventure game with a bit more gameplay mechanics behind it. It was originally release in episodic format, so I've just completed the first episode. The story has promise so far (which is really all you can ask from this kind of game, since the actual action of walking around and looking at stuff isn't compelling in and of itself).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming