Mini-NES

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Re: Mini-NES

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 12 Sep 2017 20:55 If I can easily pick up a NES mini this time, I think I might. I want it more for the novelty aspect than the games, so we'll see.

Too bad for the people that bought the super inflated scalper priced ones when Nintendo announced they were discontinuing it.
Personally I rather miss out than give those shameless scalpers a single cent of my money.

Anyway I'm glad they put the NES Mini back into production & hopefully when EB games announces preorders & get in there on day one & reserve my system.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Are these coming back? I thought they were going to be restocked in 2018? Will the restocked version be the same as the original, or will there be any modifications to improve anything?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

They're supposed to be coming back in summer. No word on whether anything will be different, either in terms of hardware (controllers, cord length) or software (different bundled games). It would be interesting if they put Mother on there to fulfill the same kind of purpose of Star Fox 2 on the SNES version.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote: 20 Feb 2018 00:21 They're supposed to be coming back in summer. No word on whether anything will be different, either in terms of hardware (controllers, cord length) or software (different bundled games). It would be interesting if they put Mother on there to fulfill the same kind of purpose of Star Fox 2 on the SNES version.
That's what I was thinking. I was hoping for something like that.

Just as I would think they would include a game like Sin and Punishment on the N64 mini if they ever make that. I've already imported that cart from Japan and it was released on the Wii VC, but there are many people that have not been able to play it with a 64 controller.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I want to say it should come back with more games, but I don't know if that's a dick move to those who already have one? My guess is it will be the same game selection as before but with the SNES classic controller length.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote: 20 Feb 2018 03:45 I want to say it should come back with more games, but I don't know if that's a dick move to those who already have one? My guess is it will be the same game selection as before but with the SNES classic controller length.
I think it’s just simply another run for those that missed out other times...
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just ordered an imported Famicom mini from Japan. I know that the NES classic will come back, but the price was decent and it will end up being a birthday gift for me from a relative. Because this one doesn’t come with an AC adaptor, I anticipate just putting it by my SNES classic and sharing the power and HDMI hookups.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

That's awesome Kreegs!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote: 11 Mar 2018 06:43 That's awesome Kreegs!
Wont be able to play it until Aprill 11. Bummer that Punch Out isnt on it. Apparently the controllers are super tiny and the cords are really short and hardwired in. Sounds amazing at the same time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Nintendo is re-launching the NES Classic Mini in June, and they claim it should be in stock through the end of the year.

My thoughts on hearing this: good luck finding one, still. I have never seen a SNES Classic in any store, and that's the one they're supposed to be stocking aggressively.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming