Mini-NES

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Mini-NES

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 May 2018 13:24 Nintendo is re-launching the NES Classic Mini in June, and they claim it should be in stock through the end of the year.

My thoughts on hearing this: good luck finding one, still. I have never seen a SNES Classic in any store, and that's the one they're supposed to be stocking aggressively.
Really? They're not terribly hard to come by I've found. NES will surely be sold out for the first couple months and then level out a bit.

As a separate announcement, Japan is getting a unique NES classic with different games on top of the relaunch.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 May 2018 15:39 Really? They're not terribly hard to come by I've found. NES will surely be sold out for the first couple months and then level out a bit.

As a separate announcement, Japan is getting a unique NES classic with different games on top of the relaunch.
Really? I wonder if it's a combination of lower stock being sent to the Maritimes and a smaller proportion of serious nostalgia appreciators elsewhere? The SNES has been out for 7 months and I have literally not seen a single unit at EB, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. in all that time.

Maybe I'll be getting you or someone to snag me a NES Classic when they start flooding your store shelves. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 May 2018 16:37
The Shoemaker wrote: 14 May 2018 15:39 Really? They're not terribly hard to come by I've found. NES will surely be sold out for the first couple months and then level out a bit.

Really? I wonder if it's a combination of lower stock being sent to the Maritimes and a smaller proportion of serious nostalgia appreciators elsewhere? The SNES has been out for 7 months and I have literally not seen a single unit at EB, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. in all that time.

Maybe I'll be getting you or someone to snag me a NES Classic when they start flooding your store shelves. :)
Heh, I mean I personally haven't seen many on shelves, but I've talked to different retailers and they said they've been getting weekly shipments since launch. And then anecdotally, I know several people who were able to get one without a lot of trouble. Just the other day I was talking about the SNES classic to my work friend and he said the next day he just walked into the store and bought one.

But not terribly hard, I mean not impossible like the nes classic ;) Could be a difference in demographics though!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 May 2018 16:37

Still need an SNES classic? They tons of them here now. I could mail it from Canada when I drive to Ft. Francis for snacks again in June.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 17 May 2018 01:32 Still need an SNES classic? They tons of them here now. I could mail it from Canada when I drive to Ft. Francis for snacks again in June.
No, I'm good on the SNES. I somehow ordered one from EB Games online when they were showing out of stock. I'm not going to question it. :) Thanks, though!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Are we giving up hope that NES classic will be rereleased? Or do we think it might pop up at E3 along with N64 Classic?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 26 May 2018 02:01 Are we giving up hope that NES classic will be rereleased? Or do we think it might pop up at E3 along with N64 Classic?
The NES Classic is what we were talking about a couple posts ago. It's confirmed with a release date and everything.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Ahhhh June 29th! I better get in line!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote: 26 May 2018 02:01 Are we giving up hope that NES classic will be rereleased? Or do we think it might pop up at E3 along with N64 Classic?
Oh god I hope the N64 classic isn't a thing. The controller was awful and those games (that whole generation) has aged so badly.

Just release them on switch so I can play with a controller that can be used by 2 handed people.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Slurmee wrote: 26 May 2018 05:18
Oh god I hope the N64 classic isn't a thing. The controller was awful and those games (that whole generation) has aged so badly.

Just release them on switch so I can play with a controller that can be used by 2 handed people.
Yeah skip to the GameCube please! ;)