Pokémon GO

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Pokémon GO

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I had a 300CP Venonat pop today on the way home from work. First opportunity to catch anything at all since Tuesday. TUESDAY. 8 tosses later, my app freezes mid-capture.

8 balls gone, no pokemon.

Anyone spending money on this glitch-ridden trash has officially lost their mind.
Gotta use a Razz Berry and a Great Ball on that sucker. I find the app crashes a lot more often if you're catching poker men while moving. If you stay where you originally initiated combat with them, they glitch out less frequently. But if I'm catching them in the car (with Mrs. Kong driving, obviously), I find it crashes almost every time.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:I had a 300CP Venonat pop today on the way home from work. First opportunity to catch anything at all since Tuesday. TUESDAY. 8 tosses later, my app freezes mid-capture.

8 balls gone, no pokemon.

Anyone spending money on this glitch-ridden trash has officially lost their mind.
Gotta use a Razz Berry and a Great Ball on that sucker. I find the app crashes a lot more often if you're catching poker men while moving. If you stay where you originally initiated combat with them, they glitch out less frequently. But if I'm catching them in the car (with Mrs. Kong driving, obviously), I find it crashes almost every time.
Thanks for the reminder. 8 razzberries wasted too. I hven't got anything but regular balls, and didn't realize there were different types.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Ever since I've turned off battery saver mode my game has worked almost flawlessly, from logging in, registering Pokemon, hatching eggs ect. This week my game maybe froze twice. The only issue I'm noticing once in a while is sometimes when I throw a ball it registers as a curveball throw, tossing the ball completely off mark.

I went to the fringe festival in Winnipeg yesterday - an annual 2 week live theatre festival. So many pokestops downtown and everyone was setting down lures, found a Jynx and a Staryu among others. Later that night I went for a walk and ran into an Abra, but after missing one poke all it ran away! I was crushed.

I'm level 15 now with 46 unique Pokemon.

I also found out today there's 3 region specific Pokemon in the game you can't catch unless you're in that region. But, you can hatch them from any region. I imagine once they add in trading it will become a little easier as well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:Ever since I've turned off battery saver mode my game has worked almost flawlessly, from logging in, registering Pokemon, hatching eggs ect. This week my game maybe froze twice. The only issue I'm noticing once in a while is sometimes when I throw a ball it registers as a curveball throw, tossing the ball completely off mark.
I also turned the battery saver off as well.

Thou I also have hit a snag a couple of times where I needed to reinstall the game which appears to fix it, which is awkward when it plays up while you out & about with a limited data plan (e.g. 2GB month)

Also found out one thing depending on the conditions is that you can tag team with near by players.
Yesterday I found that the gym battle that I had my Dad helping me without realizing it.
My Pokémon all fainted & I noticed the gyms Pokémon was still being attacked & the same Pokémon cries was heard via both our phones & once my dad won I recieved the same winning screen on my phone.

So if you looking to defeat a tough gym, you can have friends to help you out, assuming to get that feature to work.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote:I've not caught 8 Ratatas, and so far my medal progress has only counted 3 of them.
Turns out this is not a glitch, I merely misread the medal. It specifies that you have to catch "tiny" Ratatas, so some of the ones I caught didn't count because they were too big.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

They released an update. I'm actually pretty happy with some changes:
  • Performance improvements
  • Nerfing overpowered pokemon
  • Revising transfer interface (no scrolling to transfer, does take an extra tap though)
  • Can now modify avatar in game
They've also broken third party trackers and people are very unhappy about this because apparently a bunch of people were using those to find pokemon. I think it's a vast overreaction, but then I didn't spend any money and would prefer to explore to find 'mons than use a website to look up where they are.

And, as usual, the internet is furious because there hasn't been official word from the company on the "issue" and it's been almost 20 hours since they released the patch.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote:They've also broken third party trackers and people are very unhappy about this because apparently a bunch of people were using those to find pokemon. I think it's a vast overreaction, but then I didn't spend any money and would prefer to explore to find 'mons than use a website to look up where they are.
That would be fine if you could actually explore to find the mans, but the in-game tracker doesn't do anything either.

The original concept for it was great: the tracker shows 9 nearby poker mans with footsteps to indicate how close they are, and they move up and down the tracker to reflect how close you're getting, so you can adjust your course accordingly. But unfortunately, the in-game tracker never worked like that, even before the update.

Now all we get is 9 nearby poker mans, randomly sorted, with no way to tell whether you're going in the right direction, no way to hunt them down with any intentionality, etc.

So the only way to find them by "exploring" is to wander aimlessly and hope you hit one of the mans in the tracker. Or hope for one to randomly pop up in the wild while you're walking your own walk anyway.

Of course, most people's solution to this is just to camp at lured poker stops.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
Niahak wrote:They've also broken third party trackers and people are very unhappy about this because apparently a bunch of people were using those to find pokemon. I think it's a vast overreaction, but then I didn't spend any money and would prefer to explore to find 'mons than use a website to look up where they are.
That would be fine if you could actually explore to find the mans, but the in-game tracker doesn't do anything either.

The original concept for it was great: the tracker shows 9 nearby poker mans with footsteps to indicate how close they are, and they move up and down the tracker to reflect how close you're getting, so you can adjust your course accordingly. But unfortunately, the in-game tracker never worked like that, even before the update.

Now all we get is 9 nearby poker mans, randomly sorted, with no way to tell whether you're going in the right direction, no way to hunt them down with any intentionality, etc.

So the only way to find them by "exploring" is to wander aimlessly and hope you hit one of the mans in the tracker. Or hope for one to randomly pop up in the wild while you're walking your own walk anyway.

Of course, most people's solution to this is just to camp at lured poker stops.
Is it randomly assorted now? They still swap positions so I can only assume they are still ordered based on how close you are to them. If anything it's the same as before the update, you can tell Pokemon are close but have no idea where to go.

I have a feeling this is temporary. I'm thinking they couldn't solve the issue so they took out the feature for the time being until they can get it working properly.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't paid much attention to the tracker before the update. Was waiting for the mons to come to me, while the trainer was walking/running in circles. But I checked with the tracker yesterday, when I was in another place near a park with a small lake. Only 1 or 2 mons were closeby, even with a pokéstop at the parks entrance (didn't visit it though).
The inner city of my hometown has lots of pokéstops with and without lures. The city is full of statues as they added a lot based on Jheronimus Bosch works. Was on a boat tour last friday and checked for mons on a few occassions, found some new and was surprised by the amount of pokéstops. Got me two eggs and some other stuff form two nearby, lured stops. Seems that the horeca put the lures on the stops to lure customers :roll:
Grt. Merlin

VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

A wild Moral Abberation appears!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.