Pokémon GO

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Pokémon GO

Post by Kong Wen »

Stock up on Weedles and Pidgies, find a Poker Man Stop with a lure attached, use a Lucky Egg, then evolve everything you've been saving up on and catch whatever shows up and it's a recipe for some fast xp. (Takes a bit too much prep for my liking, but there you have it.)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Just came back from a nice quick 1km walk. I just needed 0.1km and 0.2km to hatch a couple eggs, so I thought I might as well. Anyway, the game didn't register a single step for the whole kilometre.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Stock up on Weedles and Pidgies, find a Poker Man Stop with a lure attached, use a Lucky Egg, then evolve everything you've been saving up on and catch whatever shows up and it's a recipe for some fast xp. (Takes a bit too much prep for my liking, but there you have it.)
Yup that's the way to do it. Went to a busy area today with like 20 Pokestops close together and several lures with a lucky egg and leveled up about 3 times, caught lots of good stuff too (for me) like a Goldeen, Megabuzz, Oddish, Haunter, as well as a few other new ones I can't remember. I didn't specifically save up a bunch to evolve but I thought of it half way through and then did a few.
Kong Wen wrote:Just came back from a nice quick 1km walk. I just needed 0.1km and 0.2km to hatch a couple eggs, so I thought I might as well. Anyway, the game didn't register a single step for the whole kilometre.
Do you keep your phone open on the app with the screen unlocked? Pretty sure that's the only way steps are registered. Have to leave it on the entire time. Been using a lot of low power mode on my iphone.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Just came back from a nice quick 1km walk. I just needed 0.1km and 0.2km to hatch a couple eggs, so I thought I might as well. Anyway, the game didn't register a single step for the whole kilometre.
Do you keep your phone open on the app with the screen unlocked? Pretty sure that's the only way steps are registered. Have to leave it on the entire time. Been using a lot of low power mode on my iphone.
Good to know, have to hatch an egg also (needs 2km).

Took a small detour on my way home yesterday evening. There were 5 pokéstops nearby that I normally don't walk by (except for 1). 3 out of 5 I could use and got an egg from the last one. Also found some more pokémon (9 different so far) and got to trainer level 4 :)
Grt. Merlin

kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

I manage to get 2 to 3 dozen Pokémon today while eating in the food court in a shopping centre with my father.
There's a couple of Poké stops both constantly having lure modules attached to them (Probably store venders).
Plenty of Ekans & Ratata & I manage to evolved my main Ekans.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Went for a short walk this morning for a visit to a friend of my parents and tried to catch some on the way (plus making some meters for the incubator). Everytime I caught one with the pokéball, the game would freeze (no "gotcha"). And on my walk back home, the game froze with a magikarp closeby. After force closing the app and getting it running again, there was no magikarp in sight. Had to settle for a pidgey or rattata (haven't checked, unable to login atm.), that I will transfer to the professor.

When temperature goes down and connection to server seems stable, I'll have to walk by the places I've seen pokémon before that are still missing from my pokédex.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Do you keep your phone open on the app with the screen unlocked?
Obviously. 0 steps registered. Had to finally hatch those guys on the way in to work this morning.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Almost halfway of the required km for hatching the egg. Most meters were made when I was stationary (at home). My trainer is basically "running" around in circles at my location, did so for more than 400m already.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've not caught 8 Ratatas, and so far my medal progress has only counted 3 of them. Hurray trash app!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I had a 300CP Venonat pop today on the way home from work. First opportunity to catch anything at all since Tuesday. TUESDAY. 8 tosses later, my app freezes mid-capture.

8 balls gone, no pokemon.

Anyone spending money on this glitch-ridden trash has officially lost their mind.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.