No Man's Sky

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:I may have screwed myself. The ship I traded for has an empty warp drive. The game hands you your first elements to make the fuel, but I have no idea where to find or buy it now! Uh oh...
The first few steps of the "story" (the checklist of things to do next) should walk you through the process of getting recipes/blueprints for warp drive and related materials. If you're still in your starting system, I don't think you could possibly be past those steps.
I have a warp drive, blueprints, etc. But the materials to make warp fuel are nowhere to be found and the fuel itself doesn't seem to be available anywhere. I refuelled my hyperdrive on the starting ship and traded for a ship with an empty one. I need antimatter to create the fuel.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Kong Wen wrote:What do you generally do when there's a storm a-comin'? Do you get outta Dodge, or do you let the suit handle it?
Nothing the suit can't handle, but the temperature rises during a storm so you don't run outside for too long or the protection may fail. Never had any problems with it so far. Also had an irradiated planet, but nothing killed me yet.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:I may have screwed myself. The ship I traded for has an empty warp drive. The game hands you your first elements to make the fuel, but I have no idea where to find or buy it now! Uh oh...
The first few steps of the "story" (the checklist of things to do next) should walk you through the process of getting recipes/blueprints for warp drive and related materials. If you're still in your starting system, I don't think you could possibly be past those steps.
I have a warp drive, blueprints, etc. But the materials to make warp fuel are nowhere to be found and the fuel itself doesn't seem to be available anywhere. I refuelled my hyperdrive on the starting ship and traded for a ship with an empty one. I need antimatter to create the fuel.
Hmm, yeah... I have a feeling you get that fuel stuff in the second system or so, because the game expects you to have been able to get there with what they give you in the first step, rather than trading it away. :) Kind of a vicious oversight if they populate the first system with enough options to let you get yourself into that situation.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:What do you generally do when there's a storm a-comin'? Do you get outta Dodge, or do you let the suit handle it?
Nothing the suit can't handle, but the temperature rises during a storm so you don't run outside for too long or the protection may fail. Never had any problems with it so far. Also had an irradiated planet, but nothing killed me yet.
Yeah, my only storm experience so far has been on a radiation planet, so when the radstorm rolled in, I hopped in my ship and went to orbit for a bit.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

VictorViper wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:

Head to a space station. If it's not in the store there, one of the ships passing through should have the anti-matter needed.
The recipe for anti-matter is in the second system
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote: Head to a space station. If it's not in the store there, one of the ships passing through should have the anti-matter needed.
Been doing this for an hour straight with no luck. Eventually I'm just going to have to delete my save and restart. :(

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:Head to a space station. If it's not in the store there, one of the ships passing through should have the anti-matter needed.
The game may have gated sale of antimatter until the second system, though. Maybe. It seemed to me that every alien in the first system just sold the same stuff that was being sold at the station shop terminal.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:Head to a space station. If it's not in the store there, one of the ships passing through should have the anti-matter needed.
The game may have gated sale of antimatter until the second system, though. Maybe. It seemed to me that every alien in the first system just sold the same stuff that was being sold at the station shop terminal.
Yes and no. The ships that pass through the space station have inventories that can carry interesting or just different stuff. I fear you're right about those particular materials/items being gated out of the first system though.

[EDIT] No real biggie, incidentally. A restart won't take long, it just would have been nice to have my complete planet and new ship with me when I open things up.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:...it just would have been nice to have my complete planet and new ship with me when I open things up.
Don't get too attached to those planets. You'll never see them again.

I might be starting again too, for streaming purposes, on the This Old Neon account. I think it's nice to start a journey fresh.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:...it just would have been nice to have my complete planet and new ship with me when I open things up.
Don't get too attached to those planets. You'll never see them again.
I meant the full log. That sticks with your save.