2017 Game Clear Thread

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: 2017 Game Clear Thread

Post by Claytone »

Beaten:
1/7 - Dead Rising 4 (Xbone)
1/15 - Pokémon Luna (3DS)
1/22 - Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

After beating Bayonetta 1 a couple months ago, I knew I had to get this forthwith. It was every bit as good as the first, and IMO, probably the best game on the Wii U (honestly, I'm not sure which of those is higher praise). I'm no action game buff, but this has got to be my favorite such series. One of the few series I would say pretty much everyone should try. Certainly hope Bayo 3 is in store for the future!

Completed:
None :(

2012 Beaten: 24 Completed: 0
2013 Beaten: 41 Completed: 4
2014 Beaten: 34 Completed: 5
2015 Beaten: 22 Completed: 1
2016 Beaten: 25 Completed: 2
2017 Beaten: 3 Completed: 0
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I beat Hitman GO: Definitive Edition on PS4 tonight. It's quite a cute little puzzle game. I really like the presentation as a board game. It's also the perfect length, and keeps things interesting with a good variety of enemy units.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I beat Unravel (PS4) again this afternoon, this time completing all stages without dying. I also picked up all the collectibles. All told, good for my second new Platinum trophy of the year. Now I can focus my console gaming efforts on Odin Sphere, although I suspect my next progress in this thread will be a portable game.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I also just beat Mega Man 2 (again) on the Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4). I've never beaten Mega Man 4 before, but I plan to work my way there, since there are trophies for beating each game on this collection.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

On a roll, keeping the momentum up. Tonight, I completed Pokémon Picross (3DS), which involved finishing off the Alt-World puzzles and their associated challenges, as well as clearing the last of the game's 100 built-in achievements. I also consider this a Master Run, since doing all of this without paying a single penny involved near-daily play for almost 14 months. Here's a giant :middle-finger emoji: to freemium bullshit!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:Beaten:

This game was a lot of fun. A breath of fresh air for the series. The change in structure wasn't even that radical, but a willingness by Game Freak to change things up at all was nice. This is also possibly the first time I've ever built a team that consisted of a majority of Pokémon new to the game in question (excluding Red and Blue, of course). Only exceptions were Gengar and Porygon2, the former of which I've used in every game since I was 5. I also played this in Spanish, which I've done with every Pokémon since they started allowing the option. Was as rewarding as ever. Probably the only thing keeping me from losing my hold on the language.

I'd recommend this game to anyone who got tired of Pokémon a few generations ago if the reason was more the formula than the mechanics. It's a neat new look at how to make a mainline Pokémon game.
I agree, I was really impressed with what they did with this game. A great improvement of the series.
Kong Wen wrote:On a roll, keeping the momentum up. Tonight, I completed Pokémon Picross (3DS), which involved finishing off the Alt-World puzzles and their associated challenges, as well as clearing the last of the game's 100 built-in achievements. I also consider this a Master Run, since doing all of this without paying a single penny involved near-daily play for almost 14 months. Here's a giant :middle-finger emoji: to freemium bullshit!
The game did manage to convince me to spend some money... on Picross e6 that is!

Finished:
(Jan 09) Paper Mario Color Splash (Wii U)
(Feb 03) Bloodborne (PS4)

Complete:
(Jan 11) Shantae Half-Genie Hero (Wii U)

After putting the game on halt for a few months while I focused on school, I finally finished Bloodborne. I actually started playing this over a year ago, didn't really care for the first hour or so and then didn't touch it for months. After finishing Dark Souls 3, I went back to give this a try and really enjoyed it. Not sure which game I prefer, but both are great for sure.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just spent much of the day completing Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4). Great game. The modern engine is pretty smooth, and removes a lot of the clunkiness that makes the original games of this era a bit of a pain to play nowadays. Laverne is great.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Beaten:
2/4 - Double Dragon IV (PSN)

As soon as I saw this game out for only 7 bucks, I knew I was getting it. This one didn't go over so well with the critics, but I definitely enjoyed playing through it. Beating the story unlocks Tower mode, which is pretty much what it sounds like. Go from floor to floor beating up bad guys until you reach the top (floor 100, I think). Beating Tower mode seems like a ludicrous task, but perhaps it's possible? Regardless, definitely a mode I can see myself coming back to in quick bursts. Overall, it's an easily recommendable game to fans of the series or genre.

Completed:

2017 Beaten: 4 Completed: 0
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Beaten:
2/4 - Double Dragon IV (PSN)
2/5 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)

Beat this at like 3AM yesterday and forgot to make a note of it. Fun game, but it's not the amazing experience I've seen it described as. But I think if I'd played this as a kid, I'd really have loved it. Don't have time (or desire) to explore every corner of a Zelda world now, though. Maybe I'll allow myself to do that in BotW, as beating TWW was mostly just in the spirit of getting excited for the former (and backlog cleanup).

Completed:

2017 Beaten: 5 Completed: 0
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Finished:
(Jan 09) Paper Mario Color Splash (Wii U)
(Feb 03) Bloodborne (PS4)
(Feb 07) Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS)

Complete:
(Jan 11) Shantae Half-Genie Hero (Wii U)

Another one off the backlog. My backlog is actually looking pretty light now, aside from Code Name STEAM I think I only have a few indie games to knock off the list.

Conquest was pretty good, they did a lot of fun things with the level design. Much better than Birthright in all respects, though the story was still not up to snuff.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons