Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:The endgame appears to be the arena. Your rank depends on using a team to clear 7 rounds on advanced while trying to avoid casualties. Every casualty you suffer decreases the points you get. It's actually very difficult to beat other people's teams while avoiding any kind of loss. Takumi and Hector seem to be the most meta defining heroes right now. They just absolutely wreck everything due to their ability to counter at any range. Robin is very strong too purely because he's one of the very few decent Takumi counters.
You'd also want to get bonus points by including bonus point characters, and I think Robin and Hector are on the list for this season, which probably contributes at least a little bit to seeing them in the meta.

I spent some time levelling up Gunter, Cordelia, Tharja, and Gaius today. I got them about matched up with my main team, so I can swap Gunter in for Anna (he's a mounted Axe with high attack and HP) and Cordelia for Sharena. Cordelia has been getting really good levels, too, but Tharja has gotten 5-6 trash levels in a row, so I might level up a clone of her.

I wish you could preview whether any of the enemies are going to be heavies/fliers instead of just their weapon symbol, but I guess that would be an unfair advantage.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Do you think it's better to pursue Aether for Lucina (costs 200 for the prereq then an additional 500), or spend 350 to max our her Spur Attack passive? I'm leaning towards the latter, partly because Aether doesn't trigger for 5 actions.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: I have been just breezing through the story with my main 4 characters. I haven't been trying to keep everyone leveled up, like I would in a normal FE game. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not. Worst case scenario, I can always go back and grind lower-level matches with them.
That's what I've been doing as well. Seems like the kind of game where old units are replaced quickly by new units, so no use dwelling on the past.

Sounds like I really lucked out with Takumi though. He is very beast.

When starting up this game, does anyone else constantly need to download game data? There have been about 3-4 times where I've had to download 400MB of data, and other times where I would need to download 2-50MB of data before being able to play. This happens here and there with Mario Run as well, and equivalent screens in other Apps. I don't use apps very often, so I'm not sure if this is usual, or if there's an issue with my phone where it constantly needs to do the start up process to load a game.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:When starting up this game, does anyone else constantly need to download game data? There have been about 3-4 times where I've had to download 400MB of data, and other times where I would need to download 2-50MB of data before being able to play. This happens here and there with Mario Run as well, and equivalent screens in other Apps. I don't use apps very often, so I'm not sure if this is usual, or if there's an issue with my phone where it constantly needs to do the start up process to load a game.
That's a known bug, but I think it's a problem with the game, not with your phone. I haven't had it happen to me.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Kong Wen wrote:Do you think it's better to pursue Aether for Lucina (costs 200 for the prereq then an additional 500), or spend 350 to max our her Spur Attack passive? I'm leaning towards the latter, partly because Aether doesn't trigger for 5 actions.
Aether is not a great move on Lucina, unless you somehow got a +HP or +Defense one, and even then it's probably not great.

Luna is much better with her. I believe she learns both, but Luna is so much better for her stat spread. She's a little bit of a glass cannon compared to other 5* units. She'll hit like a truck but she takes a lot of damage too, especially against higher level foes.

I would definitely shoot for spur attack. By the way, you DO accumulate SP after level 40, so you don't need to worry about running out of sp. EVENTUALLY, it's possible to acquire everything.
You'd also want to get bonus points by including bonus point characters, and I think Robin and Hector are on the list for this season, which probably contributes at least a little bit to seeing them in the meta.
Robin is a bonus character, but Hector actually is not.

The bonus characters actually don't stack. You only need one in your party to get the bonus points.

They're bringing Seliph, Julia, Eirika and Ephraim on the 15th. I'm crossing my fingers that they're going to unveil some other FE8 and FE4 characters in addition. I need Lex and L'arachel. I could really use some blue units too, and Ephraim happens to be one of the most badass lords in the series. I'd love to pick him up or any other lancers or blue mages.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:Aether is not a great move on Lucina, unless you somehow got a +HP or +Defense one, and even then it's probably not great.

The bonus characters actually don't stack. You only need one in your party to get the bonus points.

I'd love to pick him up or any other lancers or blue mages.
What do you mean by your first statement? A +HP or +Defense Lucina, or a +HP or +Defense Aether? Do different versions of the different characters have different base stats/growths? If so, how do you know what they are?

Ah, good to know.

I am woefully understaffed on mages of all colours. I spent my last big batch of orbs levelling up my castle to max +100% experience, so I haven't been summoning for a bit.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

What do you mean by your first statement? A +HP or +Defense Lucina, or a +HP or +Defense Aether? Do different versions of the different characters have different base stats/growths? If so, how do you know what they are?
Yeah that was horribly worded on my part. Sorry about that. I really need to avoid using pronouns when giving explanations. I meant a +HP or +Defense Lucina.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-em ... calculator

This gives some explanation about how heroes' stats can vary. Unfortunately, you can only determine your hero's stat boons and banes if they're level 1 or level 40. Sometimes you can kind of just tell while they're leveling up. You might have a Merric whose HP is seemingly high, then see another Merric with much lower HP. That's how you know that either your Merric has +HP or the enemy's Merric has -HP. That's just one example.

In Lucina's case though, I think 9/10 times people prefer Luna.

I don't have too many good mages either, but I do have Nino, my favorite FE7 character. So there's that at least. Nino isn't mentioned much, but she's actually not too bad in the meta right now.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I beat the game this morning and spent my remaining stamina clearing some hard mode levels to cap off my orbs for a round of summons. Lo and behold, I managed to pull a 5-star Takumi! He's already a beast, and getting great growths.

So I used a stamina potion to bring him and a couple other stragglers up through the ranks. I also combined my Tharjas, since my second one did indeed have better rolls.

Main Roster:

Lv. 29.0 - ★★★★★ - Lucina
Lv. 23.0 - ★★★★★ - Takumi
Lv. 26.0 - ★★★★☆ - Cordelia
Lv. 26.0 - ★★★★☆ - Gunter
Lv. 21.5 - ★★★★☆ - Tharja
Lv. 26.5 - ★★★☆☆ - Clarine

B Squad / Levelling Support:

Lv. 18.0 - ★★★★★ - Jakob
Lv. 14.0 - ★★★★☆ - Cecilia
Lv. 11.0 - ★★★★☆ - Gaius
Lv. 08.0 - ★★★★☆ - Stahl
Lv. 19.0 - ★★★☆☆ - Draug
Lv. 17.0 - ★★☆☆☆ - Sharena
Lv. 16.0 - ★★☆☆☆ - Anna
Lv. 13.0 - ★★☆☆☆ - Alfonse
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Takumi is hands down the best character in the game, so you should be able to wreck face in the arena with him, even possibly on advanced. Make sure to put him on your defense team too (the leftmost team slot; you'll know if it's your defense team if the character on the far left of it appears at the top of your castle). He'll probably pull off some unexpected wins.

Your team sounds pretty good right now. You have all the colors covered and have a magic user. You'll probably be able to breeze through hard and lunatic until you get to the gold star level 40 levels on Lunatic. Those are actually extremely hard, and probably designed for merged level 40+ characters. But you can probably cheese them with the healing items if you've been hanging onto those.

You got super lucky with some great pulls from the lottery.

I'm at 75 orbs right now so I'll probably do 4 summonings by the time they release new characters on the 15th. If they're only going to add 4 characters on the 15th though, I might only do one summoning and hold onto the rest of my orbs. I'd rather wait till they add a new batch of characters. Right now I'm not a big fan of the high probability of getting Akaneia characters who I just don't care about. I'd much rather get some from Tellius and Magvel.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:Takumi is hands down the best character in the game, so you should be able to wreck face in the arena with him, even possibly on advanced. Make sure to put him on your defense team too (the leftmost team slot; you'll know if it's your defense team if the character on the far left of it appears at the top of your castle). He'll probably pull off some unexpected wins.

Your team sounds pretty good right now. You have all the colors covered and have a magic user. You'll probably be able to breeze through hard and lunatic until you get to the gold star level 40 levels on Lunatic. Those are actually extremely hard, and probably designed for merged level 40+ characters. But you can probably cheese them with the healing items if you've been hanging onto those.

You got super lucky with some great pulls from the lottery.
Yep, I was pretty pumped about that draw! As soon as I saw his face come up I was just praying I would see 5 stars.

I'm not sure what my main defence team should be. Lucina and Takumi for sure. Probably Tharja too, although I find she's not as good for me as enemies' Robins or Merrics. Not sure about that last slot. Gunter and Cordelia are both kind of unreliable. Gunter can at least tank the rest of our team up pretty well.