Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:The Tempest Trials are really grindy AND difficult. I'm struggling through them massively. My difficulties may be the consequence of not having played the game, rolled or trained units in a long time. Regardless, I imagine I am not the only one finding these to be a challenge.

I've beaten the final trial twice but on both occasions I lost a team first. The final round is what always gets me. It is really hard to deal with 5 units, especially when one of them is a souped up Veronica.

Between this and the June quests,, I have a lot to catch up on. It's probably too much for me, to be honest. I'll probably go hardcore focusing on the trials just so I can get the 5* masked Lucina. I doubt I will go past that.
I'm going to try to get the seal that's above Lucina in the reward list. You start the match with a -1 cooldown on your special. That's pretty buff. That means Reinhardt can initiate with Moonbow, which is probably overkill.

I've only attempted one map (the highest Lunatic one), and I got to the last stage on my second team, but then she wiped the rest of my teams... I have enough good units for a couple of really solid teams, but I guess I don't have depth.

If I work out the points, and it makes sense to blow a first team, I might just put together a decent sacrificial team 1 to hold my bonus unit, then when they die, try to finish the thing out with Reinhardt, Nino, a healer, and a dancer.

Actually, I don't really have a solution to Veronica. She tanked my 50-attack Xander with his super up.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Update, I got the 5-stage Lunatic mode down, even losing a team and only getting a C-speed bonus, it was worth something like 450 points. Healers are useful to get to Veronica, but not to actually fight her, so I think I'll use a Horse Emblem team until it wears out (I have no good cavalry healer though), then sub in my team with Lucina, Nino, a dancer, and whatever other unit is helpful. Lucina and Nino do good work here on Ronnie.

It's worth setting up the skills on every character you could conceivably use, since you can't change skills or equip seals once you're already in the vortex.

Zephiel's GHB is coming back tomorrow, probably with some quests to get a couple extra copies. There's never been a better time to 5-star Zephiel. We're potentially getting some good feathers from the vortex, 5000 feathers if the community hits a billion cumulative points, plus our arena season ends in a couple days. :dollar-sign-eyes emoji:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I decided to ignore that and 5 star Azama instead. I just don't care!

I've been running through the trials with two teams and am currently at 10,000 points:

Team 1-Hector, Robin, Elise, Olivia

This is really a team of Hector and Robin with the others there to keep them alive. Hector and Robin have amazing synergy together. They almost perfectly cover each other's weaknesses. Their passives also work perfectly together; Robin can give Hector some much appreciated added defense while Hector can give him some equally useful speed. I equipped Robin with Tri Adept to make him an even more flawless counter to the reds and colorless that he would do well against. This turns a lot of bad matchups with red mages (his res is poop) into guaranteed wins. The biggest weakness of this team is Green Hammer units, particularly tanky ones that sometimes show up in the trials like Cherche and Frederick.

My Elise has Rehabilitate which, in conjunction with live and serve 3, makes her an ideal healer. 3 movement on a healer is also phenomenal.

Team 2-Selena, Azura, Nino, Priscilla

Despite being my secondary team, the first three units here are more like my "core" which have carried me through most of FE Heroes. I use those three in almost every arena week. Due to Tri Adept and innate tankiness, Selena absolutely crushes Hectors. She can even do well against a lot of reds so long as she tanks the first hit. Her ability to threaten speed makes her invaluable at either tanking or helping other units tank. Nino nukes everything under the sun even without boosts for Gronnblade. Azura counters every red due to Sapphire Lance and only really struggles if ganged up on. Priscilla keeps everybody alive.

Priscilla has Rehabilitate by default but lacks a way to sustain her own health. However, I don't have any other high level healers with Rehabilitate. Rehabilitate is ideal for healers.

Other units worth mentioning: Titania, Lilina, Sheena, Nowi, Ogma

These units have occasionally saved my ass in the final round against Veronica. Lilina is worth mentioning in particular as sometimes she is the only recourse I have for even dealing with Veronica. With some assistance she can also finish off Hectors.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:I've been running through the trials with two teams and am currently at 10,000 points:
Holy moly, have you been using stamina potions? I've used all my stamina and I think I have around 6500 points. I didn't get perfect runs every time, mind you, but not enough to make up 3500 points. :)

I further refined my strategy, and now I don't need to use two teams. The Veronica map is the same in the 5 and the 7, so if you can beat it, you can beat it. So the key is getting to that final battle with your team intact.

I've been using Lucina (bonus unit, plus she has Ardent Sacrifice, which combined with Falchion lets her heal anyone who takes a counter), Nino (wrecking machine, as you well know), Reinhardt (neutral IVs, no skill inheritance—he's a beast out of the box), and Olivia, and I've now been able to get through the 7-map mode a few times. It doesn't matter if characters die on the final map, as long as you can beat it—you only lose "survival" points for losing a team.

Actually, I liked about skill inheritance. I put Draw Back on Reinhardt. With Nino's Draw Back and Olivia's dancing, I can get two good buffed monster Tome hits in and instantly melt reds, blues, and most greens, and then get out of the way. Lucina mainly pulls green cavalry and puts the finishing touches on Veronica. The only thing that kind of screws me is if Hector shows up on Veronica's map, since it'll take Lucina two attacks to kill him, and then it's harder to get out of the way of the cavalry mage on the right.

Edit: As for backup units / honorable mentions, I have to include Azura, Ike & Ryoma (my only hopes to kill Veronica if Lucina dies), and that's pretty much it. I don't have any other good high-rank mages. I did use Anna once to finish off some blues in the last match after Nino died. My only other good green is Cherche, but she needs a lot of focused attention. If there's too much going on in the match, she can get picked off very easily.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I had a lot of time to play on the first day and yeah, I did blow some stam pots. I don't use stamina very efficiently in FE Heroes. I tend to not play for long periods of time (like a week) then randomly sit down and play for a few hours and blow a bunch of stam pots.

I'm at 14,000 right now. I think I can easily get to 30,000 in the week or two but I might just stop there. I'm sitting on ~210 orbs right now and I heard the next banner is going to be FE6 themed, which I don't care for at all. By the time a banner rolls around which I actually give a crap about, I'm pretty confident I can pick up several 5 star units.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:I'm at 14,000 right now. I think I can easily get to 30,000 in the week or two but I might just stop there.
Go for the 50k seal at least! You know you want it. :)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

If I wasn't also playing Granblue, I would. The grind is too much for me though. I'm very likely calling it quits after I get the 5* masked marth.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Legion is this week's Grand Hero Battle, and two interesting things have happened:

1. It has reinforcements! You have to fight 4 Legions in the battle, as well as a couple of extra mages that show up.
2. There's a new difficulty mode, Infernal, that rewards you with a 4-star Legion and 2000 Hero Feathers. It's nuts.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I beat it on Infernal but it took quite a few tries.

I can't be assed to do the tempest after all. I quit about 20k in.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:I beat it on Infernal but it took quite a few tries.

I can't be assed to do the tempest after all. I quit about 20k in.
I managed to beat infernal today, also after several tries. I found a video of a strategy that used characters I had, albeit skilled up different, so I had to use some math to make sure I could cover my deficiencies. I'm really tempted to 5-star all my Legions and then use them as my defence team. :lol:

I have about 75k points in the tempest trials right now, sitting around rank 4500 overall. With 4 days left, I only need 6000 points per day to get the last reward, and I have a feeling that'll get me close to the top 1000 for the 10k feathers, too. I imagine a lot of people quit after 30k or 50k points, if not even earlier.

After that I plan on finishing off the June 10th stratum quests.

The Michalis GHB is coming back soon with additional quests, and there'll also be a GHB for Katarina's archer friend (I forget her name), as well as a Healer vs. Healer voting gauntlet (snore).