Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Man I missed out on the Shadows of Valentia talk, but I really loved that one. The maps aren't amazing, it's a lot of open fields charging your units against the enemy, but I loved the presentation, story, characters and especially things like side quests and finding weapons in the environment.

Maybe it was just a really refreshing take after Fates where it was all gameplay and no (interesting) story. I'm also a big fan of splitting armies, gives good variation to the story and characters you use.

Still sad we won't be seeing these chcharacters in FE Warriors, which now has all the Fates Royal siblings in by the way. It's also getting a support system like Heroes in, but i think in this case it helps with class changing? I might be wrong there.

Warriors is also getting a history mode, where you play traditional turn based battles, but when you fight it switches to the warriors style. Apparently in these modes you replay the stories of Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 06 Sep 2017 20:22 Warriors is also getting a history mode, where you play traditional turn based battles, but when you fight it switches to the warriors style. Apparently in these modes you replay the stories of Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon.
Sounds like a variant of the Warriors: Empires sub-series. Should be fine. Ultimately, there's no real way to get a lot of varied content into this kind of game, since the battles all boil down to the same thing. Fortunately, that same thing is fun.

Fire Emblem Heroes update: they're adding a summoning focus with Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar from Path of Radiance, and Black Knight is being introduced as a villain that we'll possibly be able to recruit in the upcoming Tempest Trials.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Lyn was announced as a character for Warriors which is cool considering she's not an awakening, fates or shadow Dragon character. Will be see more characters outside of those games?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 Sep 2017 14:42 Lyn was announced as a character for Warriors which is cool considering she's not an awakening, fates or shadow Dragon character. Will be see more characters outside of those games?
That's actually huge news. I wonder if they added her based on how popular she is. She was only ranked behind Lucina in that "choose your legends" context earlier this year. Of course, Ike won that contest... and given Ike's popularity outside of Fire Emblem (thanks, Smash Bros.) it would be insane for him not to appear in Warriors at some point.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 14 Sep 2017 14:45
The Shoemaker wrote: 14 Sep 2017 14:42 Lyn was announced as a character for Warriors which is cool considering she's not an awakening, fates or shadow Dragon character. Will be see more characters outside of those games?
That's actually huge news. I wonder if they added her based on how popular she is. She was only ranked behind Lucina in that "choose your legends" context earlier this year. Of course, Ike won that contest... and given Ike's popularity outside of Fire Emblem (thanks, Smash Bros.) it would be insane for him not to appear in Warriors at some point.
She's definitely one of the most popular fire emblem characters.

Honestly, if Ike's in I'll be satisfied with the roster
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 Sep 2017 14:47
Kong Wen wrote: 14 Sep 2017 14:45
She's definitely one of the most popular fire emblem characters.

Honestly, if Ike's in I'll be satisfied with the roster
Since Lyn they've shown off Celica, Caedea and Tiki. Celica is hype, giving shadows of Valentia some love.

On a disappointing note, they announced three DLC packs for the game. One focused on Awakening characters, one on Fates characters and one on Shadow Dragon....

Was really hoping the DLC would be an opportunity to throw in different games.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Fire Emblem Heroes has added a couple new modes today, which are pretty sweet. One is a weekly large-map battle with a large number of units (some taken from your friends) where you have to defend your fortress and attack the enemy fortress. The more objectives you complete, the more points you get. They've also added some Awakening kids, with Morgan and Morgan coming out tomorrow, and Gerome coming as a free reward in a couple weeks.

Some people are hoping they'll mention FE16 at this direct, since it's supposed to come out this year and we don't know anything about it yet (other than a couple of clues from leaks).
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

It has been over a year at this point since they've mentioned Fire Emblem 16, so I feel like it's a safe bet that we'll see it tonight.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 08 Mar 2018 15:40 It has been over a year at this point since they've mentioned Fire Emblem 16, so I feel like it's a safe bet that we'll see it tonight.
I fully expect it to be delayed, so any information we get will exceed my expectations. I'd be happy with some world/character reveals, even if we don't get to see the game in action.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Mar 2018 15:43
The Shoemaker wrote: 08 Mar 2018 15:40 It has been over a year at this point since they've mentioned Fire Emblem 16, so I feel like it's a safe bet that we'll see it tonight.
I fully expect it to be delayed, so any information we get will exceed my expectations. I'd be happy with some world/character reveals, even if we don't get to see the game in action.
Seems like we'll have to wait till E3 or a next surprise ambush Nintendo Direct. Even if they show it off in the next Direct though, I suspect the big details will come at E3.