Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote: 07 Apr 2018 03:45
Kong Wen wrote: 08 Mar 2018 15:43
The Shoemaker wrote: 08 Mar 2018 15:40 It has been over a year at this point since they've mentioned Fire Emblem 16, so I feel like it's a safe bet that we'll see it tonight.
I fully expect it to be delayed, so any information we get will exceed my expectations. I'd be happy with some world/character reveals, even if we don't get to see the game in action.
Seems like we'll have to wait till E3 or a next surprise ambush Nintendo Direct. Even if they show it off in the next Direct though, I suspect the big details will come at E3.
They're still saying 2018, I wonder when they're planning on releasing it at this point if e3 is our first look.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

My best guess is that they're going to try to mimic 2017 with a big Q4 Nintendo power spike. If they throw Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Smash Bros. out they will murder the holiday season. I think it will be one per month, in ascending levels of hype. Fire Emblem in October, Pokemon in November and Smash in December.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote: 07 Apr 2018 17:34 My best guess is that they're going to try to mimic 2017 with a big Q4 Nintendo power spike. If they throw Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Smash Bros. out they will murder the holiday season. I think it will be one per month, in ascending levels of hype. Fire Emblem in October, Pokemon in November and Smash in December.
If they do that, I could see smash in September (to coincide with online launch), fire emblem in October, and Pokemon in November.

Yoshi is also coming, which could be an August spot. I could also see Fire Emblem being August, as I feel rpg's and summer go well.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'm pretty disappointed that the new Fire Emblem game isn't coming out until 2019.

My disappointment is tempered somewhat by the fact that the new Fire Emblem game looks amazing, at least in my eyes. Here are some things I liked about the trailer:

-There's a world map and some lore building straight off the bat. There are numerous place names, with a bit of a Gaelic influence, and three clear kingdoms which will play a substantive role in the plot. Fire Emblem Fates and even Fire Emblem Awakening were a bit weak on the world lore building. Earlier FE games were great on it. This game seems like it's striking a nice balance between simplicity and depth. There are not as many kingdoms as in previous FE games, but there is still a clear map and political factions which are probably vying for supremacy.

-There are troops! And they actually seem to matter! You can put them into formations during battle. The trailer showed off Dimitri running through an enemy unit with a wedge formation.

-You can walk around town and talk to people, and perhaps develop your units in between missions.

-The visuals may not be great for a console game, but they're great for a Fire Emblem. This is a big upgrade from previous FE titles.

-Some of the better gameplay aspects from Fates (from my perspective) are back in this one. Units that are adjacent to each other can help one another in battles. The positioning of units on the grid really seems to matter a lot in this game. The game seems to strike a balance, though, by bringing back some old ideas such as weapon durability.

-The story seems like it's going to be pretty interesting. I personally like the characters and art style they showed off as well.

I'm very excited for this one.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm excited too for the reasons you stated. The illusion of troops in battle is a neat addition. I'm glad weapon durability is back, even if they do something weird like only use it in the harder difficulty modes.

I think the game looks great. The graphical upgrade is akin to the Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn upgrades over their respective handheld predecessors. Functional without going overboard on home console graphical power.

I don't mind waiting until next spring.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

For your consideration ;-)
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (137.64 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I agree with all that's said here! Was looking forward to fire emblem in 2018, but I like what I'm seeing, especially cool to fight alongside full armies.

I hope you're right about the world building, that's what I loved in the radiant games.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Koei has been brought in to co-develop Fire Emblem Three Houses with Intelligent Systems.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kinda dumb question but it's confirmed that this is one game right?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 23 Feb 2019 04:34 Koei has been brought in to co-develop Fire Emblem Three Houses with Intelligent Systems.
Weird! Wonder If they were there from the start or if they are just helping with end development stuff.
Slurmee wrote: 23 Feb 2019 07:12 Kinda dumb question but it's confirmed that this is one game right?
Just one game.