Your Switch Wishlist

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Your Switch Wishlist

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:3D games make a bigger splash, and I think that's what the series needs for popularity sake.
Splash schmlash, I just want the game to be good. :)

I actually would like a good console-based Animal Crossing.

And I definitely want a console-based Monster Hunter. None of this handheld crap for a beautiful series like that.

The caveat for both of these games (as always, apparently) is that they have to have fucking passably good online functionality! No bullshit invite/lobby systems with no chat (or clunky bullshit chat). Animal Crossing, at the very least, should allow you to set comprehensive town visiting options so as many of your friends who want to visit your town (maybe up to ~12-16 or whatever the system can handle) can do so at will.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I like Monster Hunter's lobby/chat system just fine actually. I had no problem with Tri or 4's systems, and the online was pretty good too. Tri was one of the few games on Wii that actually had a passable online experience. The only other game I can think of in that category was MK Wii.

I never liked Animal Crossing so they can do whatever they want with that. I wouldn't mind some better online functionality for Rune Factory though.
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

My wishlist -

Announced:
Zelda
Stardew
Mario Odyssey
Sonic Mania (though I'll probably get it on Xbone)

Dream -
NEW 2D METROID/Super Metroid 2
New Super Monkey Ball (Like the Gamecube games)
Super Monkey Ball collection (1+2+Adventure)
Viewtiful Joe 3 / VJ HD collection
P N 03 sequel/HD remake
Resident evil collection (1-3/CV)
Pokemon Full 3D/big RPG
Mario World 3 (using original art style not NSMB)
Virtual console that doesn't suck
Spyro HD trilogy
New Advance Wars
New Smash Bros (that doesn't take 5 years to come out)
Secret of Mana 2 English release/Secret of Mana 3 (in original art style)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:3D games make a bigger splash, and I think that's what the series needs for popularity sake.
Splash schmlash, I just want the game to be good. :)

I actually would like a good console-based Animal Crossing.

And I definitely want a console-based Monster Hunter. None of this handheld crap for a beautiful series like that.

The caveat for both of these games (as always, apparently) is that they have to have fucking passably good online functionality! No bullshit invite/lobby systems with no chat (or clunky bullshit chat). Animal Crossing, at the very least, should allow you to set comprehensive town visiting options so as many of your friends who want to visit your town (maybe up to ~12-16 or whatever the system can handle) can do so at will.
They definitely need an option in Animal Crossing to just have your town open to visitors whenever you're connected to the internet, or instead of a tedious talk with the gate keeper, it's just a quick option in the menu.

That, and fix the loading. It takes way too long (in New Leaf) to have friends join and leave your Town. I think that's more due to 3DS and it's online limitations. Not related to online, I think it would be a huge boon to the game to take out loading entirely. I have no idea how possibly it is, but I feel like walking into homes/stores should be seamless. So many times I skipped going into a building because I didn't want to sit through the load screen.

Can't believe I forgot about Monster Hunter, but I guess I was just thinking about Nintendo. This would be my most wanted game. The online system works well how they have it (in 4U/Gen), they just need to add full voice chat (which hopefully is done through system lobby's too). Monster Hunter in general could use a bit of a UI overhaul to really make things clear for new players (and even veterans).
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Just so long as the voice chat is optional, whatever. I won't be playing with it unless I'm playing with friends.

I fully expect them to make a Monster Hunter on Switch by the way. 4U was a goldmine iirc. I imagine X/Generations must have been lucrative too since they decided to milk it with a sequel.

Sonic Mania looks decent (amazingly), but I'm actually a bigger fan of Freedom Planet at this point. It gives me that sort of gameplay except better (imo). Freedom Planet 2 looks outstanding so far and will probably be one of the few day 1 purchases I make.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:The online system works well how they have it (in 4U/Gen), they just need to add full voice chat (which hopefully is done through system lobby's too).
4U still didn't have voice chat even after the travesty that was Tri? :lol:
Jordan wrote:Just so long as the voice chat is optional, whatever. I won't be playing with it unless I'm playing with friends.
Exactly, I wouldn't be playing online with randos. But yes, the "optional" bit is part of the definition of "good" voice chat functionality.

I just thought of a good match for the Switch: The Pinball Arcade (or whatever platform those guys are using for releasing real pinball tables now). Turning the tablet vertical with one Joy-Con attached to the bottom would make for a pretty fun pinball experience. The Vita already does this well except the control scheme isn't as good.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:The online system works well how they have it (in 4U/Gen), they just need to add full voice chat (which hopefully is done through system lobby's too).
4U still didn't have voice chat even after the travesty that was Tri? :lol:

I was actually surprised since 3U had voice chat via the Gamepad. Not sure if it's a 3DS thing. I don't think I've ever played a 3DS game with voice chat.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Gamecube VC
Animal Crossing (A New Version)
Another game like Dk64

But lets be honest I'll just be playing Overwatch anyway :/
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yooka-Laylee confirmed for Switch! (and Wii U)

I am very excited about this, as I loved the Banjo games. Anyone else?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Kreegs wrote:Yooka-Laylee confirmed for Switch! (and Wii U)

I am very excited about this, as I loved the Banjo games. Anyone else?
Yooka on Wii U was cancelled in December.