Rogue Legacy

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Rogue Legacy

Post by Kong Wen »

According to the PS Blog, Rogue Legacy is coming to PS platforms (PS3, PS4, Vita) on 29 July.

It's fully cross-buy and cross-save across all three platforms, and contains all of the content that was in the PC version including the extras and goodies that came out in later patches.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Rogue Legacy

Post by VictorViper »

Nice to finally have an official release date. This is a day-one pickup for me, for sure!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

It also has a platinum trophy :D

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I pre-ordered the game as part of the PLAY 2014 promotion, and downloaded it today. Playing this on my new setup is glorious so far. Great game.
Yasume wrote:It also has a platinum trophy :D
Have fun beating the game in less than 15 deaths on NG without using the Architect.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Early impressions are certainly confirming the nightmare that will be getting the platinum trophy. What are your thoughts so far? I was hooked instantly and hooked BAD.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Early impressions are certainly confirming the nightmare that will be getting the platinum trophy. What are your thoughts so far? I was hooked instantly and hooked BAD.
I played up to maybe level 50 on Steam and beat the first boss, but then I halted my progress when the basement renos started in earnest. Was glad the PS4 version came out right when the basement was finished and the new TV was set up! I'm hooked all over again. I'm just doing a lot of grinding now since I'm terrible with every class. I definitely won't be getting the platinum, nor do I deserve to.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Yasume wrote:It also has a platinum trophy :D
Kong Wen wrote:Have fun beating the game in less than 15 deaths on NG without using the Architect.
Never recieved a platinum trophy in my life on PlayStation Network... yet challenges like these, are so hard! :lol:
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

What classes are you guys favouring? I'm finding the Shinobi and Barbarian King/Queen are my go-to choices when available. I feel like the Paladin will become beastly once some points are poured into mana; the shield blocks absolutely everything so far.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:What classes are you guys favouring? I'm finding the Shinobi and Barbarian King/Queen are my go-to choices when available. I feel like the Paladin will become beastly once some points are poured into mana; the shield blocks absolutely everything so far.
I like the Shinobi & Hokage so far—very mobile. I also usually take the Miner whenever it's available, because the key to progression for someone who's terrible at the game is making money to buy levels! But when I'm not grinding, I find doling out huge damage is generally more important than having lots of hp. If you can kill normal enemies in 1-2 hits, then you can stay pretty safe.
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

I don't know, I might try for the platinum trophy. That entirely new achievement (it wasn't present on Steam) certainly is brutal, but I think it's doable once you've reached a certain level. I might be able to do it on my Steam file, since I'd reached LVL 400 on it.

Oh and Hokage and Barbarian Queen all the way. Special class is pretty sweet as well. Sage is my least favourite.