Last movie you watched & your rating

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Last movie you watched & your rating

Post by Kreegs »

Slurmee wrote:Aladdin

Damn it's a great movie. Ending predictable but the story was great and is nothing like I've seen before. The characters were funny and original.
Was that your first time seeing it???!!!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

My family forced me to watch Divergent. It was just as bad as we all expected, why did we even watch it?!
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Starmancer wrote:My family forced me to watch Divergent. It was just as bad as we all expected, why did we even watch it?!
I am sorry that your family made you watch a movie. Did they tie you to the couch?? ;)
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark again. What an amazing movie. 10/10 for me. If you have not seen it, PLEASE go watch it.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Saw Ghostbusters for the millionth time the other day. They put it back in theaters for the 30th anniversary. Was really a treat being able to see it on the big screen, and I'd enjoy seeing the sequel in theaters despite its much less significant legacy.

If any of you haven't seen it, it's easily one of my top 5 favorite movies, so do yourself a favor and go see it.
You got BOOST power!
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Kreegs wrote:
Starmancer wrote:My family forced me to watch Divergent. It was just as bad as we all expected, why did we even watch it?!
I am sorry that your family made you watch a movie. Did they tie you to the couch?? ;)
With chains of passive agressiveness. :(
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Watched Batman Returns last weekend. Still a great movie and especially dark!
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

The Conjuring (2013)

I outright loved this movie. The setting was right down my alley. It totally struck a chord with me, I don't think I've ever been this glued to a horror movie.

Insidious(2010)

An other horror movie directed by the same director, James Wan. It was junk. There were loud noise jump scares where they showed the ghosts right from the start and throughout the movie. It felt cheap, like I couldn't trust the movie. I think it made me disconnect from the movie because I was waiting for a booga-booo!

It lacked the nice build-up of The Conjuring, where you got to know the family and got hints on what might be of importance to the scary parts of the second half.

Insidious lost me completely towards the end, where it got outright silly and all scariness was lost. Boo.

The movie itself ends abruptly on a plot-twist, and we're now going to see the follow-up, Insidious 2. Hmm.. If I saw this in the cinema, I would have felt cheated and ripped off.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm glad you enjoyed The Conjuring, Jelly. That whole movie hinges on investing you in the plight of this poor, lovely family and I think they did just a great job pulling it off. I gushed about this flick in the chat, so I might as well do the same here - The Conjuring is my favourite "traditional" horror flick in recent memory and consider it Poltergeist for a new generation. It's that good.

That said, I also adored Insidious. The jump scares were fun and it got just bonkers at the end. It's definitely a goofy movie, but it was also a lot of fun because of it, and I admire what they were able to create with what was clearly a shoestring budget. Insidious 2 is utter garbage.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

That's interesting, I actually had a better time with Insidious 2. I liked the villain.