Last movie you watched & your rating

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Last movie you watched & your rating

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jelly wrote:That's interesting, I actually had a better time with Insidious 2. I liked the villain.
I liked both Insidious and Insidious 2, I thought the first one was a refreshing take into the scary movie genre, and the second one was a good continuation of that.

Halloweentown High

Family Channel movie from 2004. I remember watching the Halloween Town movies every year on TV when I was younger, I always enjoyed them but I did notice they became progressively worse as each new movie came out. This was the forth installement of the series and it actually got quite close to ripping off Harry Potter, which is funny because the series wasn't that similar in the beginning.

Anyways, me and my girlfriend watached it yesterday for a nostalgia trip, it was just as bad as we remembered but it brought back some good memories! Watched the original Halloween Town afterwards and were disappointed that the special effects in the latest movie hadn't gotten any better than the 1998 original :P
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just watched Edge of Tomorrow again, twice, within the past few days. Watched it at my home cinema with Mrs. Y (she liked it), then I watched it with my parents tonight, and they enjoyed it quite a bit after having some time to digest it. Great film. Just found out tonight it was written (adapted, I guess) by the guy who did The Usual Suspects, and directed by the guy who did The Bourne Identity. Both movies I also like.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I saw Gone Girl.

Ew. Not good. I did not like where the movie took me. A great deal of conversations in this film clearly sounded like lines in a book, which were entirely absurd when acted out.

Don't see it. I can't believe this has a 8.5 on IMDB.

I also saw Noroi a few days ago.
It's a 2005 japanese horror mockumentary/found footage movie, and it's probably the best found footage movie I've seen. It's about a missing journalist who investigated the paranormal, and most of the movie consists of that footage. The movie masterfully builds up a creepy mood over its long span. The characters are believeable and well-acted. To my appreciation, the mockumentary style helped show a Japan that seemed genuine, without that stylized gloss factor present in other Japanese horror films.

I'd recommend it, if you aren't entirely opposed to a somewhat oddball found footage movie.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Went to see This Is Where I Leave You in theaters. It was a great film. Lots of funny stuff but also some thoughtful and sad parts too. Also just finally watched X-Men: Days Of Future Past. What a long drawn out affair that was. Quite possibly my least favourite X-Men movie.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Interstellar is a 10 for me. I can't believe a science fiction movie like this got made.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Jelly wrote:Interstellar is a 10 for me. I can't believe a science fiction movie like this got made.
WOAH!!!! Maybe I need to watch this! I should have gone by myself today, as I had the day off!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Kreegs wrote:
Jelly wrote:Interstellar is a 10 for me. I can't believe a science fiction movie like this got made.
WOAH!!!! Maybe I need to watch this! I should have gone by myself today, as I had the day off!
I now feel a bit bad for hyping it in case someone gets disappointed. I always like to try to go to the movies with a relatively neutral attitude and let the movie do the work to properly pull me in.

Interstellar does really tick of many items on my long list of my personal fancies. McConaughey is the only actor I could call myself a fan of..
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

There are many occasions where Interstellar breaks its internal logic, and people act differently than previously portrayed.I can't help to think it was intentional. Those moments did bother me as they happened, but didn't ruin the main themes of the movie..
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just saw Interstellar. It was good. I knew it was going to be dark, but it was somewhat more ponderous than I expected. That's not a bad thing. The soundtrack was also phenomenal.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (not the new one)
I watched the first Hunger Games a year ago this month so I figured it was about time to see the second movie. I thought the first one was a little dull, this one was better. I still made fun of it the entire time, but overall it kept me more interested despite being a tradtional sequel where circumstances just so have it that they have to do everything they did in the first one again, but this time with a twist!

I think it was the whole politics of it that brought me in a little more. Just getting a deeper look into the government and all the corruption. On to the next one!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons