Monster Hunter World

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Monster Hunter World

Post by VictorViper »

Damn, Kong, you've been focusing down hard. I'm not anywhere close to a platinum, though in fairness I've made no real effort to land it, either. I figure I'll get there eventually.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote: 16 Apr 2018 15:04 Damn, Kong, you've been focusing down hard. I'm not anywhere close to a platinum, though in fairness I've made no real effort to land it, either. I figure I'll get there eventually.
Most of this has indeed come naturally. The only thing I've really focused on is taking advantage of the Event quests while they're active. You kill study enough of each monster to rack up research levels as a matter of course, but the crowns are so rare that I want to get a lot while the chances are boosted.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

This is a neat little tool for planning builds:

http://mhw.wiki-db.com/sim/?hl=en

You select what skills you want in your build from the front-page drop-downs. On the third (EQ) page, you can choose which decorations you have in your inventory, and if there are any armour pieces you want included for sure. Then it'll automatically put together some build options for you.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

There's a new Elder Dragon on the way on Friday, complete with an entirely new quest mode!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/bl ... quest-type

Every hunting party in the same 16-person instance works together to investigate and bring down the monster, in exchange for fat, fat loots. The gear sets look pretty nice, too.

EDIT: There's an alpha and beta gear set, a Palico set, and two new "layered" sets (appearance-only gear that you can wear on top of your real gear to change how you look). There are also new weapons, but it sounds like they drop randomly from the boss instead of you just forging static versions of each weapon.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I finally caught my Great Platinumfish last night, which means I've captured all endemic life, all fish, and all great/rare variants that are available. I got a nice Guild Card background for my efforts. <3 Last week I also crossed 50 Arena quests completed, which got me a trophy and another Guild Card background.

All I have left for the Platinum is 5 2 tiny gold crowns (Dodogama, Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Vaal Hazak) and 7 4 giant gold crowns (Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Kushala Daora, Teostra, Vaal Hazak, Deviljho). Dodo is easy and fast, and the elders are on a steady grind rotation for decorations and streamstones anyway, so it shouldn't be too too too bad. Kirin and Black Diablos might be annoying.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 09 May 2018 15:37 All I have left for the Platinum is 5 4 tiny gold crowns (Dodogama, Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Vaal Hazak) and 7 giant gold crowns (Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Kushala Daora, Teostra, Vaal Hazak, Deviljho). Dodo is easy and fast, and the elders are on a steady grind rotation for decorations and streamstones anyway, so it shouldn't be too too too bad. Kirin and Black Diablos might be annoying.
Bagged my tiny Kirin last night. <3
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 15 May 2018 15:17
Kong Wen wrote: 09 May 2018 15:37 All I have left for the Platinum is 5 4 tiny gold crowns (Dodogama, Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Vaal Hazak) and 7 6 giant gold crowns (Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Kushala Daora, Teostra, Vaal Hazak, Deviljho). Dodo is easy and fast, and the elders are on a steady grind rotation for decorations and streamstones anyway, so it shouldn't be too too too bad. Kirin and Black Diablos might be annoying.
And my giant Kirin last night. <3
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 16 May 2018 14:52
Kong Wen wrote: 15 May 2018 15:17
Kong Wen wrote: 09 May 2018 15:37 All I have left for the Platinum is 5 3 tiny gold crowns (Dodogama, Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Vaal Hazak) and 7 6 giant gold crowns (Kirin, Black Diablos, Nergigante, Kushala Daora, Teostra, Vaal Hazak, Deviljho). Dodo is easy and fast, and the elders are on a steady grind rotation for decorations and streamstones anyway, so it shouldn't be too too too bad. Kirin and Black Diablos might be annoying.
And my giant Kirin last night. <3
And my tiny Dodogama just now. <3 That one took a few days and about 20 investigations!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

BIG hunts last night. Running elders with Bacon and Rob and we bagged a tiny gold crown Vaal Hazak and a giant gold crown Nergigante almost back to back. I only need two tiny gold crowns for the trophy now (Black Diablos and Nergigante) and still a couple more big ones.

The Kulve Taroth siege is coming back this evening and running for one week. It'll be good to have another chance to get one of the two Lances, any of the Long Swords, or the one Heavy Bowgun I've been looking for but didn't manage to get last time. Cursed RNG!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 May 2018 15:43 BIG hunts last night. Running elders with Bacon and Rob and we bagged a tiny gold crown Vaal Hazak and a giant gold crown Nergigante almost back to back. I only need two tiny gold crowns for the trophy now (Black Diablos and Nergigante) and still a couple more big ones.

The Kulve Taroth siege is coming back this evening and running for one week. It'll be good to have another chance to get one of the two Lances, any of the Long Swords, or the one Heavy Bowgun I've been looking for but didn't manage to get last time. Cursed RNG!
I got one of the Lances on my second or third KT run, after two whole weeks of not getting it last time! That kind of luck made me feel like quitting while I'm ahead, so I went back to crown-hunting for a few days and managed to get a tiny gold Nergigante.

The only tiny crown I need now is Black Diablos for a trophy, and then I need gigantic Black Diablos, Teostra, and Kushala Daora for the Platinum.