Dark Souls I, II, and now III!

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Dark Souls II

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote:Looks like the third DLC is out in about a week (delayed slightly).

Haven't made it to any DLC yet, but been gradually moving through with a new character (no shield, no spells, greatsword + cestus + crossbow). Might have to make some concessions about spells and shields for some areas, but we'll see!
This game didn't stick with me the same way the first two did. I was in the middle (well, at the start) of a faith-based second run (mostly to take care of Lucatiel) when I abandoned ship. I'll definitely go back to it and finish that up, then start working on my collect-all-spells play-throughs.

I don't know if I'll take my main character into the DLC or start a new character for that stuff.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm also waffling over whether to use my strength character, who's just waiting to trigger NG+, for the DLC. If AotA taught us anything about how From handles DLC difficulty, I may want to add some lightning to the mix.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote: This game didn't stick with me the same way the first two did. I was in the middle (well, at the start) of a faith-based second run (mostly to take care of Lucatiel) when I abandoned ship. I'll definitely go back to it and finish that up, then start working on my collect-all-spells play-throughs.
I agree, it's not nearly as addictive as Dark Souls (I've finished Demon's once and was considering another run recently, but just don't have the time). Mechanically it has some nice improvements and I like trying out new builds, but once I get to Iron Keep or so I get tired of it. In the first game, at least I made it to Anor Londo.

When the PC version came out I double-dipped, but I still haven't beaten the game on PC. It is nice how much more smoothly it runs!

I'm planning to stick with it through the DLCs, but it'll take me longer than it did for Dark Souls.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Dark Souls & Dark Souls II

Post by Kong Wen »

Dark Souls on PC is finally being migrated from Games for Windows Live to Steam sometime in November. I think this means I won't be able to get that 1000G I was planning on racking up, tarnishing my sweet sweet score with an un-completable record! :( Even though I know that game inside-out, I don't think I'd have the time to 100% it between now and November with all the other work I have to do. Oh well!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is coming to PS3 and PS4 on 7 April, 2014. It features all of the DLC content, enhanced matchmaking/online play, a higher max number of online players, new enemies, new NPCs, new in-game events and lore, some balancing tweaks, etc. Of course, the PS4 version will take full advantage of current-gen tech.

Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote:Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is coming to PS3 and PS4 on 7 April, 2014. It features all of the DLC content, enhanced matchmaking/online play, a higher max number of online players, new enemies, new NPCs, new in-game events and lore, some balancing tweaks, etc. Of course, the PS4 version will take full advantage of current-gen tech.
I also read that the new NPCs, new in-game events, and non-mechanic rebalances are also coming to the PS3/PC versions of the original ("Patch 1.10"). Pretty cool, since I don't care much about graphical improvements.

Completely new designs and mechanics may or may not make it - sources seem pretty vague about what will and won't be in there. I'll probably stick to my PC version, and this announcement actually makes me want to not play the DLC I was going to get to "any day now".
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Note the rerelease is coming to PS4, Xbone, and PC (with DX11 support) with the update also hitting for owners of the PS3, 360, and current PC version.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote:this announcement actually makes me want to not play the DLC I was going to get to "any day now".
You're not the only one!

Yes, I'd also read about the update for the PS3/X360/PC versions adding the new content. I thought the only thing excluded from that would have been the DLC and the tech-dependent stuff, but I guess we'll learn more when the date gets closer.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I know Share and PR have both started playing this or are about to start playing imminently. A friend of mine posted this picture on Facebook this morning, and I thought it was pretty funny:

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

They showed a new trailer for Dark Souls III at Gamescom just a few minutes ago. Through the magic of the Intertubes: