SNES Classic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: SNES Classic

Post by Kreegs »

Is there a best buy near you? Within an hour is a pretty nice cushion. Target was out 7 minutes after open when Mrs. and Baby K went!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 30 Sep 2017 03:53 Is there a best buy near you? Within an hour is a pretty nice cushion. Target was out 7 minutes after open when Mrs. and Baby K went!
I don't know how soon it was within the hour. Could have been 7 minutes for all I know, but I called them an hour after they opened and they were gone. Next time.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

It was a zonk that they released on a Friday. Big stores like BB and Target in the US usually get new shipments on Sundays, which is a far easier day to wait for 30 minutes before stores open.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

I got mine yesterday.
Defiantly looks tiny compared to my full sized SNES.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Mine was delivered from very.co.uk on release date. Now got to wait for it to be shipped over to me in Thailand.
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

Absolutely love this. I had the NES classic mini but didn't have quite as much love for the 8 bit generation compared to the 16bit. Some of my all-time favourite games on here including super Metroid, Mario world, Yoshi's island, Zelda LTTP and secret of mana.

Having a swell time replaying DKC and Kirby super star, and even a little super Mario kart.

Really enjoying Super Mario RPG and mega man X for the first time round. Probably gonna give Earthbound a shot after Mario RPG too.

Pros -
Controller feels great
Amazing line up of games
Save states /rewind feature nice addition
Best CRT filter I've seen on a retro gsme
Two controllers in the box

Cons -
'controller cable is too short (ordered an extension on eBay )
No way to access home screen without hitting console button (a shortcut like hold select and start for 5 seconds would have been nice )
Would have preferred the likes of DKC 2 + 3 , chrono trigger, Zelda BS (remake of 1) , mario all-stars and secret of Mana 2 instead of Kirby dream course, contra 3, super ghouls and ghosts
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Ouenben wrote: 01 Oct 2017 22:44 Absolutely love this. I had the NES classic mini but didn't have quite as much love for the 8 bit generation compared to the 16bit. Some of my all-time favourite games on here including super Metroid, Mario world, Yoshi's island, Zelda LTTP and secret of mana.

Having a swell time replaying DKC and Kirby super star, and even a little super Mario kart.

Really enjoying Super Mario RPG and mega man X for the first time round. Probably gonna give Earthbound a shot after Mario RPG too.

Pros -
Controller feels great
Amazing line up of games
Save states /rewind feature nice addition
Best CRT filter I've seen on a retro gsme
Two controllers in the box

Cons -
'controller cable is too short (ordered an extension on eBay )
No way to access home screen without hitting console button (a shortcut like hold select and start for 5 seconds would have been nice )
Would have preferred the likes of DKC 2 + 3 , chrono trigger, Zelda BS (remake of 1) , mario all-stars and secret of Mana 2 instead of Kirby dream course, contra 3, super ghouls and ghosts
There are definitely a few notable admissions, which makes me wonder what goes into the planning for these things. Do they include dkc 1 and not 2 in hopes you'll buy it off of one of their virtual consoles services, or is there a plan for a SNES mini 2? Either way 21 games definitely wasn't the limit.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Ouenben wrote: 01 Oct 2017 22:44 No way to access home screen without hitting console button (a shortcut like hold select and start for 5 seconds would have been nice )
The classic controllers home button works the same as reset button just you don't get authentic SNES control pad.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

I didn't buy a classic controller I bought a SNES classic mini with two included controllers.
Also the classic controllers have an insanely short lead due to them being designdd to plug into a wireless Wii remote
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 02 Oct 2017 00:59 There are definitely a few notable admissions, which makes me wonder what goes into the planning for these things. Do they include dkc 1 and not 2 in hopes you'll buy it off of one of their virtual consoles services, or is there a plan for a SNES mini 2? Either way 21 games definitely wasn't the limit.
It's not like they were going to include every entry in every notable Nintendo series. DKC was groundbreaking, and while its sequels were certainly quality games, they boil down to more of the same. If they had to trim the list of entries, those ones make sense from that perspective.

As for Seiken Densetsu 3, it was never released in the West and there's no official English translation. The SNES Classic would be a weird place to debut a game with that much work required. Star Fox 2, by contrast, was already finished. BS Zelda was only released on Satellaview, so it would have been a neat relic but an insane selection for a product meant to elicit fond childhood memories.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming