Club Nintendo Rewards

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum Rewards

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:I think I'm going to end up going with Game & Wario myself.

LOL, I just realized that will be the third shitty minigame collection that Nintendo has dumped on me for free with this system (Nintendoland with the console, Mario Party U with MK8, and G&W from CN).
But Game & Wario is the best pick by far... if you have a Wii U Deluxe system (it qualifies for points in that promotion of course). The points I earned from that one help give me a $5 credit in the eShop.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Club Nintendo Rewards

Post by Kong Wen »

Just a reminder to anyone who reached Gold or Platinum status this year: you have until this Friday (15 August) to claim your reward from the Club Nintendo site.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

I hope Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is good, because there aren't a lot of 3DS choices in the Platinum tier.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:I hope Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is good, because there aren't a lot of 3DS choices in the Platinum tier.
It is pretty good, I think it's a great prize for anyone who hasn't played the game before.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

pdSlooper wrote:I hope Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is good, because there aren't a lot of 3DS choices in the Platinum tier.
I went with this simply because I had no interest in Game and Wario, and the other options seems like a lesser value. I haven't played it yet, but if its anything like the wii version (which I am sure it is), then I will surely enjoy playing it again on the 3DS.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I just logged in to the Nintendo UK website for the first time in years.

The last thing I got from them was Game and Watch Ball. Which was nice but would have been nicer if it hadn't taken me years to accumulate enough stars to get. I believe the last Nintendo product I bought was Pandora's Tower, also a few years back so I haven't accumulated any more.

It looks like their catalogue is largely unchanged. Ball is still the top prize and apart from a few new keyrings and some bags, there's not a lot of new stuff since the last time I checked it.

I was surprised to see that I still have 250 stars given the idiotic and counterproductive policy a few years ago of these "expiring". Of course the age old problem persists that all their cheap tat costs thousands of stars and so is largely unaffordable to anyone...ever (probably why its always the same stock more or less).

I think you NA's are better off with your free games. They seem better value than the cheaply produced tat (Ball being the exception) that UK gamers get for spending a fortune on Nintendo products.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Ball is still the top prize and apart from a few new keyrings and some bags, there's not a lot of new stuff since the last time I checked it.
Ball has long disappeared from the North American prize pool. I was disappointed because I had been hoping to snag it. :(
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Just took a look through the European Club Nintendo, I'd say your prizes are much better than ours at the moment. Highlights being Ball, Zelda case, Yoshi Backpack, Mario Galaxy CD, hell I wouldn't even mind having those wrist straps. Also I love those Pikmin fruit keychains, very cute. Better than our whoping 5 physical rewards; two greeting cards, a pouch, a poster, and a Kirby patch set.

We have lots of digital rewards right now, but I wish they weren't all DSiWare/WiiWare/Virtual Console - old games basically. You can redeem stars for Wii/DSi points so it's pretty similar to our free games.

Club Nintendo had some cool prizes back in the day like the Game and Watch stuff, the Giant AR card, and more recently the 3DSXL charging cradle and the gold Nunchuck. Lately it has made up this by offering lots of good promotions like Mario Kart 8's free game, free Pokemon with purchase of a 3DS, buy Fire Emblem and Shin Megami and get $30 ect.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

That's true Shoe, we have had some good promos to make up for the lower-quality prizes. I definitely took advantage of the $30 eShop credit and the free game with MK8. Unfortunately I had some points expiring this summer so I had to spend them on a prize, and greeting cards aren't really interesting, so I took the Kirby patches.

Hopefully by the time my points expire next June there will be a better prize for me to liquidate them on.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

The Shoemaker wrote:Just took a look through the European Club Nintendo, I'd say your prizes are much better than ours at the moment. Highlights being Ball, Zelda case, Yoshi Backpack, Mario Galaxy CD, hell I wouldn't even mind having those wrist straps. Also I love those Pikmin fruit keychains, very cute. Better than our whoping 5 physical rewards; two greeting cards, a pouch, a poster, and a Kirby patch set.

We have lots of digital rewards right now, but I wish they weren't all DSiWare/WiiWare/Virtual Console - old games basically. You can redeem stars for Wii/DSi points so it's pretty similar to our free games.

Club Nintendo had some cool prizes back in the day like the Game and Watch stuff, the Giant AR card, and more recently the 3DSXL charging cradle and the gold Nunchuck. Lately it has made up this by offering lots of good promotions like Mario Kart 8's free game, free Pokemon with purchase of a 3DS, buy Fire Emblem and Shin Megami and get $30 ect.
Don't be fooled by appearances, Shoe. I don't know how the NA club works but it seems that you guys can at least expect to redeem your coins for gits fairly often.

Club Nintendo in Europe has always been a case of dangling those cherries so high as to be constantly out of reach.

Take that Zelda bag for example. A nice enough looking prize at the "low" end of the chain. To get that you need 6000 stars. To get that you'll need to purchase about 25 first party Wii-U games. That's an expenditure of close to £1000....for a free bag! The same bag is available on ebay right now for a starting price of £6.99!

I appreciate that these are rewards and I'm not suggesting that you should get free stuff all the time but really, I'm supposed to spend a grand to get a free bag? How is that in any way an enticement? Quite frankly for that kind of dough I expect Miyamoto to come around for tea!