Club Nintendo Rewards

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Re: Club Nintendo Rewards

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I managed to repair my faulty DS-Lite yesterday (turned out it was a duff battery).

I sold off the majority of my DS games ages ago and never planned to buy any more. However on a whim I went into Game and saw that DS games are now as cheap as eggs so picked up Last window, Rooms and Prince of Persia in a 3 for £9.99 deal. They all seem pretty much new and still had the Club Nintendo codes with the silver foil unscratched.

I duly scratched it off and entered the code into Nintendo's website only to be told something along the line of "Pft....DS games? Screw you, customer. Were not giving out points for registering those anymore."

This is despite the website still listing the DS as a valid product to register games for.

Another reason not to care about this idiotic promotion.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Ugh that is a bummer. I think the major yearly rewards are not justified if you calculate the amount of money spent. However, I would be buying those games anyway so it is a nice little bonus. I just wish it was something that made me go, "WOAH that is cool!"
I intend to live forever, or die trying
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Kreegs wrote:Ugh that is a bummer. I think the major yearly rewards are not justified if you calculate the amount of money spent. However, I would be buying those games anyway so it is a nice little bonus. I just wish it was something that made me go, "WOAH that is cool!"
I think the logic is that after a certain number of years Nintendo realises that these games are being purchased second hand and so they aren't actually getting any money for them...but was that really the purpose of the flimsy reward they give out for registering them? I always assumed it was data mining given that you have to complete that dumb survey every damned time.

Still. Nintendo should not be listing the DS on it's Club Nintendo registration website anymore if it considers it such an obsolete device. Most of those games are less than four years old. It's not like I'm trying to register Game Boy Advance titles here.

I would complain to Nintendo UK (Codestorm) but we'd only get one of their employees coming on here and doing a bit of trolling again....
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I registered my 2DS yesterday, and wanted to off-load my club nintendo points into Nintendo points, which I thought were for the 3DS eShop. Nope, just DSi and Wii..

It's a bit ironic that they do not accept DS games, when you get DS/Wii games in return for registering your 3DS/Wii U products.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jelly wrote:I registered my 2DS yesterday, and wanted to off-load my club nintendo points into Nintendo points, which I thought were for the 3DS eShop. Nope, just DSi and Wii..

It's a bit ironic that they do not accept DS games, when you get DS/Wii games in return for registering your 3DS/Wii U products.
I'm not sure why they won't let us get games that aren't on Wii/DSi. It's the same for NA, the games they offer are generally for the previous generation of consoles or VC games.

In other news, a Yoshi Plush doll with an apple is now on the European Club Nintendo. I want it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:In other news, a Yoshi Plush doll with an apple is now on the European Club Nintendo. I want it.
Meanwhile, in further news, the Club Nintendo rewards that were recently sold out have revived themselves (even more available), and not staying dead... not even fresh new stuff are arriving, but better than nothing I guess.