Splatoon 2

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Splatoon 2

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote:
kitroplious wrote:
Kreegs wrote:When do we get the results of Splatfest?
2-1 Mayo in all major regions.

Europe:

Voter turnout: Mayonnaise 34%, Ketchup 66%
Solo Wins: Mayonnaise 51%, Ketchup 49%
Team Wins: Mayonnaise 51%, Ketchup 49%

Japan:

Voter turnout: Mayonnaise 56%, Ketchup 44%
Solo Wins: Mayonnaise 51%, Ketchup 49%
Team Wins: Mayonnaise 49%, Ketchup 51%

North America:

Voter turnout: Mayonnaise 27%, Ketchup 73%
Solo Wins: Mayonnaise 52%, Ketchup 48%
Team Wins: Mayonnaise 51%, Ketchup 49%

In Japan, mayo won in popularity, while each team took a battle category by 51% to 49%.

The two other major regions had Ketchup winning as popularity, but was asleep in battles.
A lot of people reckon Mayo only one because of a broken system with all the Ketchup vs Ketchup matches.
Personally I don't see how because as matcxhes against you own team only there for when the system can't find rivals for you & as such won't count towards the splatfest score.
Yeah it's all based on battle ratios anyways, doesn't matter how many battles happened really.

I made it to Ketchup King, so I got my max amount of snails. I went through a lot of different weapons but by the end the octobrush is what worked for me the most surprisingly.

Interesting how close mayo and ketchup are in Japan!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I actually missed the Splatfest. What are these snails I keep hearing about?
You got BOOST power!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Claytone wrote:I actually missed the Splatfest. What are these snails I keep hearing about?
I was on team ketchup and made it to Ketchup Champion (one rank lower than Shoe got to) and I think I got like 16 snails?

Essentially, the snails can be traded to Murch (the purple guy that can get you gear, scrub slots, add slots, etc...). By giving him a snail, you can add an ability chunk to a piece of gear. Let's say you have a great hat that has a great ink saver main, but only 2 available slots to get sub abilities. If you want to add a slot to give it the full 3 sub abilities, you can use one snail to do so. You can also use them to re-roll abilities that you have already unlocked. Let's again say that you have a shirt with a Ninja Squid main, and the next three you unlock are all something like "cold blooded" or "run speed up" which might not suit your preferred play style. You can pay snails to Murch to re-roll those abilities and immediately give you something else. This is different than scrubbing them, which makes you start all over to earn (unlock) new abilities.

For future Splatfests, I will be joining the team that I think will be less popular. That way I will have many more matches against an actual opposing team and not just play my own team. I know it doesn't really make a difference because you still accumulate rankings to unlock snails, but I really liked the battles against the other team! Especially because they used special ink colors that are not normally around. Playing with new colors, new music, and on a new level (Shifty Station), were the best moments of the Splatfest in my opinion. It felt different and exciting to be playing something that was only a special, temporary thing.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Agreed Kreegs, the red and white Ink was dope, hope they continue to have special colors. And yeah, playing that with new stage and music made it feel unique.

Rerolling is a bit of a gamble as you don't even get the ability chunks when you do it, and you don't know what you'll get. But, it could give you the skills/chunks you need. I always found it more useful to use the snails to add slots to your favorite gear. Also, each clothing brand has different in abilities it's more likely to give you. So if you want a certain ability, but the brand of clothing only has a couple slots, you can use a snail to give it three slots.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The superbonus today is great for quick cash. Went from 79 000 gold to 179 000 gold just from getting the double super bonus. Definitely need it for all the abilities I have to scrub!

Found some great teams in salmon run today. Apparently the best tactic for when goldie charges you is to get the entire team on one spot right by the basket to funnel all the enemies in and spam them. Works great.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Been toying with the Jet Squelcher today, I'm liking it a lot. It's a 4 hit kill and the range takes a lot of people unaware. Worked fairly well for splat zones today, and decently for tower control. Tower control is a bit tougher because people are constantly rushing you.

Turns out you need a lot more ability chunks for gear than I thought! I picked out a got two ink resistant spots on one of my gear so I only need to grind for one more to fill it out. I also got really lucky and got an ink main up with all special efficiency up sub abilities. Not sure how much I want it though, will have to see how effective it is.

I tried using thermal ink a bit today as well. I forgot about it for re most part, so I never actually saw it in action. I figured with a long range weapon it would be more useful but I find once you shoot an enemy, you rarely let them escape anyways.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Damn, that hot neon pink JoyCon is coming to North America exclusively in a console bundle (for now). Hopefully they'll also be sold separately eventually, because I don't want to buy another whole console just for that pink controller. :)

(The bundle comes out on 8 September.)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:Damn, that hot neon pink JoyCon is coming to North America exclusively in a console bundle (for now). Hopefully they'll also be sold separately eventually, because I don't want to buy another whole console just for that pink controller. :)

(The bundle comes out on 8 September.)
Was that the Japanese exclusive carrying case as well? It looks cool.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Pretty sure I remember hearing that the green and pink joy con are coming stateside in the fall, was announced when they first showed the colors.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Pretty sure I remember hearing that the green and pink joy con are coming stateside in the fall, was announced when they first showed the colors.
Yeah, they're definitely coming in that bundle linked above. There's no confirmation that I've seen that the JoCos are coming separately as well, but I can't see why they wouldn't. It would be kind of crazy to have them in a console bundle, and in their own set in other territories, but not here. Then again, this is Nintendo. We'll see.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming